This report helps mobile operators prepare for the next wave of market demands.
Mobile is the ultimate platform for personalized digital services. But as the smartphone market saturates, operators need the ability to create—and modify—personalized subscriber services dynamically, in response to market opportunities.
Heavy Reading Senior Analyst Gabriel Brown has published this white paper that explores architectural options for enabling operators to quickly introduce subscriber-specific services in a virtualized “service complex,” using SDN technologies. The paper focuses on the Layer 3-7 “cloud edge” services typically deployed behind the packet gateway—the SGi interface.
Learn how to prepare for coming opportunities and gain insight on the changing market and technology landscape. The paper covers need-to-know topics, including:
- Provisioning services in the SGi-LAN.
- Implementing a subscriber-centric services architecture.
- The role of the service gateway in classification and routing.
- SDN control-of-service chains and overlay networks.
- Use cases for a subscriber-centric architecture.
Get the full story in the Heavy Reading white paper, “Personalized Subscriber Services: Architectural Options for Mobile Operators.”