Juniper Networks’ Privacy Notice
What We Do
We, Juniper Networks, Inc., 1133 Innovation Way, Sunnyvale, California 94089 USA, and other companies in Juniper Networks, Inc.’s group worldwide, including Mist Systems, Inc. (collectively, “Juniper Networks”), provide network infrastructure products, services, and solutions for enterprise networks, for the cloud and for service providers (collectively, the “Juniper Products”). Our technology includes, for example, routers, switches, network management software and network security products, both wired and wireless. You can find examples of our products, solutions, and services on our website.
We typically distribute Juniper Products through resellers and channel partners. When Juniper Products are used by our customers and channel partners on their own premises and in their own cloud account(s), we generally do not have access to the personal data processed by the Juniper Products unless we are providing installation services, customer support or success services, quality assurance, testing or other professional services.
When we do have access to personal data of individuals, it is typically as a service provider/supplier to our customers and channel partners, with limited exceptions, such as, for example:
- For our websites Juniper.net and Mist.com, related sub-sites and other websites and mobile applications that we provide (collectively “Our Websites”).
- For our advertising, marketing, promotion, industry outreach and educational efforts (which are primarily in a business-to-business context versus direct-to-consumer).
- In our relationships with our service providers.
In our role as a service provider/supplier, our contracts generally restrict us from processing personal data of our customers and channel partners except for the purposes permitted under our contracts and under applicable law. We do not “sell” (as defined by certain privacy laws) personal data of individuals.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Information We May Collect
Juniper Networks may collect the following categories of personal data through Our Websites or in connection with our Juniper Products (in which case we are generally acting as a service provider to, and data processor for, our customers and channel partners):
- Email address
- Postal or physical address or other contact information
- Social media account information
- Phone number(s)
- Professional title/role and name of employer or other entity with which the individual is associated in a professional capacity
- IP addresses or other access log information
- MAC address
- Device ID information
- Location data needed to provide network management for customers and resolve network connectivity issues using the Mist product. Juniper Networks’ customers may prompt end users for permission to enable location-sharing in this context. See our Mist Supplement for additional information.
- Any other personal data that our customers or channel partners elect to collect and share with Juniper Networks using Juniper Products.
- Usage data and feedback
- Information needed to answer a request or provide information and services to an individual.
- Any information Juniper Networks is required to collect, or that is appropriate to collect, in order to comply with applicable laws or regulations.
While we do collect some “sensitive personal information” (as defined by certain privacy laws), this is limited to location information collected and processed for the purposes of providing our network management services, subject to our customers’ prompting their end users for permission to enable location-sharing.
Purposes of Processing Personal Data
We process personal data to support our customers and channel partners in their use of Juniper Products; to market, promote and distribute Juniper Products; to select and work with our service providers; for our operations and administration, including in personnel matters; and for other legitimate purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Juniper Networks processes personal data collected on or about individuals located in the European Union using the following legal bases:
- Necessary for Performance of a Contract. If we or our affiliates have entered into a contract with you, we may need to process your personal data to perform such contract, or in connection with pre-contractual matters.
- Consent. Where you have provided your consent, we may process your personal data, e.g., to market, advertise, or promote Juniper Products to you.
- Legitimate Interest. We may need to process your personal data where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, such as: (1) to communicate with you in response to your requests, questions, inquiries, and submissions; (2) to conduct advertising, marketing and promotional activities in connection with operating our business; (3) for research and development, security and optimization of Juniper Products and Our Websites; and (4) to process a job application, conduct recruiting activities, develop and improve our recruiting process or Our Websites, and communicate with you regarding your interest in current or future employment opportunities with Juniper Networks.
- Comply with Legal Obligations. Where required to comply with applicable law.
Examples of processing activities may include:
- Distributing, installing, operating, supporting, maintaining, and upgrading Juniper Products and gathering related analytics.
- Providing customer service, technical support, consulting, or cloud-based information security services.
- Providing our customers with insights into network and device issues for a better networking experience.
- Participating in seminars and training (whether in-person or online).
- Operating and maintaining Our Websites, including providing product demonstrations and resource materials.
- Enabling the use of certain features of Juniper Products.
- Personalizing the experience of visitors to Our Websites or of users of the Juniper Products.
- Working with our service providers, resellers, OEMs, distributors, and other third parties.
- Responding to and communicating with you regarding your inquiries to Juniper Networks (whether in-person or online).
- Analyzing, improving, and developing Our Websites, Juniper Products, and internal business processes.
- The use of artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies for purposes including providing customer assistance, support and Juniper Products; the analyzing, developing, and improving Juniper Products and Our Websites; for talent acquisition and other human resources purposes; and for marketing purposes.
- Other legitimate purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
If you are interested in tailored information regarding Juniper Products, as well as other information we think may be useful to you, you can provide us with your preferences and interests and update them on our preferences page. If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, you may opt out by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of our emails.
Disclosure of Personal Data and International Data Transfers
We share personal data within the Juniper Networks group, as well as with our customers, channel partners, service providers, resellers, OEMs, distributors, and other third parties, for purposes and in situations that may include:
- To market, advertise and promote Juniper Products.
- To distribute, install, operate, support, maintain and upgrade Juniper Products and for related analytics.
- To provide customer service, technical support, consulting, or cloud-based information security services, including by sharing personal data with third-party service providers.
- To provide seminars and training (whether in person or online).
- To operate, maintain and personalize Our Websites for visitors and users of Juniper Products, including providing product demonstrations and resource materials, which may include disclosing personal data to third-party service providers.
- To enable the use of certain features of Juniper Products.
- To work with our service providers, resellers, OEMs, distributors and other third parties pursuant to legal agreements.
- When we have an individual’s consent to disclose the information.
- As part of group or team collaborations, such as for a particular project, product, or service.
- In connection with blogs, message boards, chat rooms, or other similar forums, including related to feedback or suggestions for improvements to Juniper Networks products or services.
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company, including the transfer of contact information and data of customers, channel partners and end users.
- As part of a joint sales promotion or to pass sales leads to one of our distribution vendors.
- To keep individuals up to date on the latest product announcements, product updates, special offers or other information we think they would like to hear about from us, from our service providers, or from other third parties.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities or other third parties as necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Juniper Networks, you, or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In an aggregated and de-identified or anonymized form.
- With affiliates and subsidiaries as necessary to operate our business.
- For other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
Juniper Networks has service providers, affiliates, subsidiaries, and operations globally, including within the United States, and may transfer your personal data on a global basis to operate its business. If Juniper Networks transfers personal data to a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection, Juniper Networks will take measures designed to adequately protect your personal data, such as ensuring that such transfers are subject to the terms of the European Union Standard Contractual Clauses.
Security of Personal Data
Juniper Networks safeguards the security of personal data with industry-standard physical, technical, and organizational measures. Juniper Networks secures Personal Data in controlled servers with limited access.
When you use Our Websites, you are transferring information to the United States and other locations where Juniper Networks or its service providers operate. While we strive to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal data provided to us, as no transmission of information through the Internet can be completely secure. We urge individuals to protect their personal data when using the Internet by, for example, changing passwords often and using a combination of letters and numbers, and making sure to use a secure browser.
If we learn of and confirm the occurrence of a security incident leading to the misappropriation, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, your personal data transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed on Juniper Networks’ systems that compromises the confidentiality, integrity or availability of your personal data, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on Our Websites or by sending you an email. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing or in any other form required by applicable law.
Retention of Personal Data
Juniper Networks will retain your personal data as needed to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, including to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. For Juniper Products, the criteria used to determine the retention period for specific categories of personal data varies and is based on what is required to deliver that product or service.
For more information about Juniper Networks processing of personal data related to job applications, see Juniper Networks’ Recruiting Privacy Notice.
Children and Minors
Our Websites do not target, and are not intended to attract, children or minors under the age of 16. Juniper Networks does not knowingly solicit personal data from children or minors under the age of 16 or send them requests for personal data. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person under 16 years old without the consent of their parent or legal guardian, please let us know immediately by contacting us as indicated in this Notice and providing sufficient information so we can act appropriately.
Our Websites may provide links to third-party websites that are outside our control and not covered by this Notice. Juniper Networks is not liable for any information, content, products, services, software, or other materials available on or through a third-party website. The use of an external website or any information or other content found on external websites is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of such website. We encourage you to review the privacy notices posted on such third-party websites.
Individuals may have certain rights related to the processing of their personal data in Juniper Networks’ possession or for which Juniper Networks is otherwise responsible, as set forth below:
- Access. You may request to receive information about our processing of your personal data in machine-readable form. You may request, to the extent feasible, a copy of your personal data in a portable, easily understandable, and readily usable format.
- Delete. You may request we delete your personal data, subject to certain exceptions.
- Correct or Rectify. You may correct or change some personal data that Juniper Networks stores about you; in particular, to correct inaccurate information.
- Object to, Opt Out of or Restrict Processing. You may object to or opt out of our processing of some personal data about you, or restrict, or limit our use of some personal data about you.
- Portability. You may request, to the extent feasible, the transfer of your personal data to another entity.
- Consent Withdrawal. You may withdraw consents you previously granted to us.
- Automated Decision-Making/Profiling. You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, with certain exceptions. Juniper Networks does not generally engage in such automated decision-making on Our Websites or in Juniper Products, and if it does, Juniper Networks complies with applicable legal requirements in connection with such personal data processing.
The rights described above are based upon those provided to individuals in the European Union as required under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament. Residents of certain countries and states may have specific, different, or additional rights in relation to their personal data.
Please see the United States Supplemental Privacy Notice for additional information for residents of certain states, such as California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia. For additional country-specific information, please see the additional information sections that accompany this Notice.
If you have an account or accounts with us, please visit your account page(s) to exercise your rights above. Please note that some functionality may not be available, or we may not be able to fulfill your request, depending on Juniper Networks’ legal obligations. For example, we may not be able to delete or anonymize all personal data as we may be legally required to retain certain information or retain certain information in identifiable form. If functionality to exercise your rights is not available to you directly, or you have any concerns about how we process your personal data, please contact us using the information below.
How to Contact Us
Juniper Networks encourages all individuals who provide personal data to Juniper Networks to keep their personal data accurate and up to date. In many cases, you may update your personal data online.
If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data or would like to exercise any of your privacy rights that may be available to you under applicable law, you can make a request here. You can also write to Juniper Networks, Inc., Attn: Legal-Privacy, 1133 Innovation Way, Sunnyvale, California 94089 USA. You also have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority if you are a resident of an applicable jurisdiction, such as Brazil or the European Union.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Juniper Networks may amend this Notice from time to time, and if we make changes that affect the way we use your personal data, we will notify you by posting a revised statement on Our Websites. Where appropriate, we will notify you by additional means.
This Privacy Notice reflects the following updates from the prior version published and effective December 2022:
- Added to the ‘Information we May Collect’ section: “Usage data and feedback”
- Added to the ‘Purposes of Processing Personal Data’ section as an example of a potential processing activity:
“The use of artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies for purposes including providing customer assistance, support and Juniper Products; the analyzing, developing, and improving Juniper Products and Our Websites; for talent acquisition and other human resources purposes; and for marketing purposes.”
Click here for the July 2021 Privacy Notice.