China Privacy Notice
This China Privacy Notice (“China Notice”) is provided as a supplement to the Juniper Networks Privacy Notice (“Juniper Privacy Notice”) to provide additional information as required by the China Personal Information Protection Law (“PIPL”) and its implementing rules and regulations. This notice includes information such as our purposes of processing personal information, the rights you have regarding our processing of your personal information, and how to contact Juniper Networks if you have any questions or requests regarding our processing of your personal information. In case of any inconsistencies between this China Notice and the Juniper Privacy Notice, this China Notice prevails.
For the purpose of this China Notice, “Personal Information” means any electronic or otherwise recorded information related to identified or identifiable natural persons, excluding anonymized data.
Sensitive Personal Information
To provide services to you and address possible networking issues, we may process your location data, which might be identified as sensitive personal information under the PIPL. We will process it only for the purpose mentioned above and will strictly follow the requirements under applicable Chinese laws.
Share Personal Information with Third Party
For the purposes described in the “Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information” section of the Juniper Privacy Notice, we may share your Personal Information with third parties, including entities within the Juniper Networks, customers, service providers (e.g., suppliers and vendors) and other business partners (e.g., resellers, OEM, distributors).
If it is necessary for us to transfer Personal Information in case of a merger, division, dissolution, declaration of bankruptcy, or other reasons, we will notify you of the name and contact information of the recipient. The recipient shall comply with the Juniper Privacy Notice and this China Notice when processing your Personal Information.
Cross-border Transfer of Your Personal Information
Juniper Networks has affiliates, subsidiaries, and operations globally. To operate our business and for purposes described in the “Purposes of Processing Personal Information” section of the Juniper Privacy Notice, we may transfer your Personal Information to our global entities or other third parties outside of China. If applicable Chinese laws require us to provide you with further notice and obtain your separate consent for the cross-border transfer, we will further provide such notice and obtain your separate consent.
We will use lawful cross-border transfer mechanism to transfer your Personal Information overseas and adopt necessary measures to ensure the overseas recipients can provide the same level of protection as required under applicable Chinese laws.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will store your Personal Information for a period as described in the “Retention of Personal Information” section of the Juniper Privacy Notice.
We protect your Personal Information in accordance with the “Security of Personal Information” section of the Juniper Privacy Notice. In case that a security incident occurs, we will take remediation actions immediately and notify relevant government authorities and affected employees, when required by applicable Chinese laws.
Data Subject Rights
Individuals located in China may have certain rights related to their Personal Information in our possession or for which Juniper Networks is otherwise responsible, as set forth below:
- You have the right to access and request a copy of your Personal Information that we collect and process.
- You have the right to know how your Personal Information is processed by us.
- If you find that your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request us to correct or supplement.
- Unless otherwise provided by applicable Chinese laws, you have the right to restrict or object us to process your Personal Information. If you exercise your above right, you may not be able to use certain services provided by us.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to request us to provide you with means to transfer your Personal Information to a specific entity designated by you, to the extent that your request is allowed under applicable Chinese laws.
- Under the following circumstances, if we have not deleted your Personal Information, you have the right to request us to delete your Personal Information:
- The purpose of processing has been achieved, is impossible to be achieved, or it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of processing.
- We cease the provision of services to you or the retention period for the Personal Information ends.
- You have withdrawn your consent (if consent is the basis for processing).
- We process your Personal Information in violation of applicable Chinese laws or the agreement with you.
- You have the right to request to know about any automated decision-making of your Personal Information, and if we conduct automated decision-making that results in a significant impact on your rights or interests, you have the right to request we explain such decision-making and to refuse that we make the decision solely through automated decision-making.
- You have the right to opt out of targeted advertising.
Your rights above may be subject to certain limitations, and we may not be required to fulfill all requests in all circumstances. For example, we may not be able to delete or anonymize all data as we may be legally required to retain certain data or retain certain data in identifiable form under applicable laws.
If you have an account or accounts with us, please visit your account page(s) to review the options available to you to exercise your rights above. Please note that some functionality may not be available, or we may not be able to fulfill your request, depending on our legal obligations. If functionality to exercise your rights is not available to you directly, or you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your data under PIPL, please make a request here. You can also contact us by writing to Juniper Networks, Inc., Attn: Legal-Privacy, 1133 Innovation Way, Sunnyvale, California 94089 USA. We will respond to your request in a timely manner after your identity is verified.
Published and Effective: February 2022