Our Commitment to Privacy
Juniper Networks is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals, including protecting any personal information of job applicants. This Policy applies to information received by Juniper Networks for the purpose of recruitment, which information may be received through its career website located at https://careers.juniper.net/ or any successor or other job application site operated by Juniper Networks (“Websites”), and any offline activities such as in-person recruiting events or other interactions occurring other than through our Websites.
Information We May Collect
Juniper may process the following categories of personal information if you submit a job application, inquire about opportunities at Juniper, provide us your information at a recruiting event or if we receive information about you from third parties in connection with our recruiting activities:
- Name and contact information such as phone number, email address and postal address.
- Employment history such as prior employers and dates of employment.
- Education history such as degrees earned and institutions attended.
- Resume, CV, educational transcripts and any information contained in or with such documentation.
- Job qualifications and work eligibility information such as country of residence, visa and immigration status, and citizenship.
- Reference information, such as name and contact details of your references.
- Compensation information that you voluntarily provide and which may depend on your region and applicable laws and regulations.
- Background check information, subject to applicable law.
- Sensitive personal information that you provide voluntarily or which we request on a non-mandatory basis in order to comply with applicable law.
- Any information we are required to collect, or that is appropriate to collect, in order to comply with applicable laws or regulations.
You are responsible for the personal information you provide or make available to Juniper Networks and all personal information you provide must be truthful, accurate and not misleading in any way. You may not provide information that is obscene, defamatory, infringing, malicious, or that violates any law.
To the extent you voluntarily provide any sensitive or special categories of information, as may be defined in applicable laws, you explicitly consent to our processing of such information as described in this Policy. Depending on your region or the region where an opportunity is located, we may be required to process certain sensitive personal information to comply with applicable local law.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you;
- References you provide;
- Individuals who referred you for a position; and
- Other third parties such as background or employment check companies, other recruitment or candidate placement providers, educational institutions you attended, and your prior employers to the extent you consent to us contacting them.
You are responsible for providing any notices and obtaining any consents necessary for Juniper Networks to collect and use personal information of your references as described in this Policy.
Purposes of Processing Personal Information
We process personal information to support our recruiting activities and for other related legitimate purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We may process your personal information to:
- Review and evaluate an application you submit.
- Communicate with you regarding your application or other interest in Juniper opportunities.
- Process your onboarding if you are hired.
- Operate, improve and maintain the security of our Websites and recruiting processes.
- Verify the information we received and conduct background or other checks.
- Comply with applicable laws and otherwise operate our business.
- Other legitimate purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
We share personal information within the Juniper Networks group, as well as with our suppliers and vendors related to our recruiting activities (“Third-Party Service Providers”), and with other third parties as reasonably necessary, for purposes and in situations that may include:
- To conduct recruiting-related activities, such as conducting interviews and reviewing applications, using the services of Third-Party Service Providers.
- To provide technical support regarding our Websites using the services of Third-Party Service Providers.
- To operate, maintain and personalize our Websites and other recruiting processes using the services of Third-Party Service Providers.
- When we have an individual’s consent to share the information.
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company, including the transfer of contact information and data of customers, partners and end users.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, local labor authorities, or other third parties as necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Juniper Networks, its business partners, you or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In an aggregated and de-identified or anonymized form.
- With affiliates and subsidiaries as necessary to operate our business.
- For other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
Juniper has affiliates, subsidiaries and operations globally and may transfer your personal information on a global basis to operate its business. If personal information is transferred to a Juniper recipient in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, Juniper will take measures designed to adequately protect your personal information.
Security of Personal Information
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will retain your personal information for up to three (3) years so that we may contact you for future career opportunities. We may delete your personal information at any time as permitted or required by applicable law, or as you may request (subject to the terms in this Policy), so you should retain a copy of your personal information you submit to us. Personal information retained may include information you submit in forms through the Websites or otherwise, documents you provide, and details you provide in discussions or which are provided by third parties.
European Privacy Terms
Please visit our European Privacy Notice for terms applicable to individuals located in the European Union.
Your California Privacy Rights
How to Contact Us
Juniper Networks encourages all individuals who provide personal information to Juniper Networks to keep their personal information accurate and up to date. Personal information may, in many cases, be updated by you online.
If you have any concerns about how we process your personal information or would like to exercise any of your privacy rights that may be available under applicable law, you can make a request here. You can also write to Juniper Networks, Inc., Attn: Legal-Privacy, 1133 Innovation Way, Sunnyvale, California 94089 USA. You also have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority if you are a resident of a European Union member state.
Juniper Networks may amend this Policy from time to time, and if we make changes that affect the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a revised statement on our Websites or Juniper Products. Where appropriate, we will notify you by additional means.
Published July 2021