This Mist Privacy Summary is provided as a supplement to the Juniper Networks Privacy Notice.
Juniper Mist is a subscription cloud service that enables organizations to manage and scale the wired and wireless internet connectivity of their end users, whether those end users are their own personnel or third-party guests accessing their network. For more information about the features and functionality of Juniper Mist, please see the Mist Cloud Services Description (“CSD”). Capitalized terms that are used but not defined in this Privacy Summary have the meanings set forth in the CSD.
Juniper Mist is designed to include data protection by default. All information processing is carried out in accordance with the Juniper Privacy Notice, aligned with data protection laws.
Data Protection Laws
Juniper is committed to protecting personal data in accordance with applicable privacy laws around the world and has implemented a global data protection program.
European Data Protection Laws
Juniper is the data processor that processes Device Data on behalf of Mist Customers, who are the data controllers under the GDPR.
Juniper built Mist to incorporate the following data protection principles:
- Proportionality, Fairness, and Transparency: Processing takes place in accordance with agreements entered into by customers and Juniper. Juniper provides documentation providing transparent information about Mist. This information supports customers’ evaluation of whether they would like to provide notices to or obtain consents from end users; Mist provides functionality enabling customers to present a notice to end users or to have end users consent to or decline terms.
- Purpose Limitation: Juniper processes Device Data as instructed by its customers to provide Mist.
- Data Minimization: Mist by default collects the information required to anticipate and address network performance and connectivity issues and troubleshoot support requests. If using the captive portal in the Mist cloud, customers are generally able to configure the type and quantity of Device Data collected from end users for select Mist services when the customers’ end users connect to a Mist Access Point.
- Storage Limitation: Juniper limits retention of Device Data as set forth in the “Data Retention” section of the CSD.
- Integrity and Confidentiality: Mist employs robust security measures to protect Device Data as described in the “Data Security” section of the CSD.
- Data Portability: Customers may download a copy of selected data through the Mist dashboard or by using Juniper’s APIs or other tools dependent on the applicable service. Reports produced from Premium Analytics services can be downloaded by customers.
- Data Subject Requests: Mist enables customers to fulfill certain data subject requests on their own through the Mist cloud service dashboard, and for any other requests, Juniper is available to assist customers.
International Data Transfers
For information on where data is hosted, please see the “Data Location” section of the CSD.
Juniper complies with international cross-border data transfer protections as set forth in the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
United States Data Privacy Laws
Please see Juniper's Privacy Notice – United States Supplement for details regarding how Juniper addresses United States privacy laws.
A Global Approach
Juniper’s Customer Data Protection and Privacy Exhibit for Juniper Products and Services (“DPA”) is our data processing agreement for customers.
The DPA incorporates the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) and required terms from other data privacy and data protection laws from around the world.