Versatile, fixed-configuration enterprise switching platforms
The EX4300 Ethernet Switch is a single platform offering maximum flexibility required for today’s enterprise.
- Field-proven Juniper technology: A carrier-class architecture, coupled with the Junos OS, enables EX Series Switches to provide carrier-class reliability for every application.
- Security risk management integrates Unified Access Control to help EX Series Switches dynamically deliver network protection, guest access, and identity-based QoS.
- Wire-speed performance at high 1GbE, 10GbE, and 40GbE port densities dramatically simplifies network topologies and operations.
- Eight QoS queues per switch port ensure proper prioritization of voice, video, and multiple levels of data traffic, with room to converge other networks, such as building automation and video security systems.
- Innovative, cost-effective switch design enables new architectures that reduce cost and complexity, while unified management and automation tools consolidate system monitoring.
- Virtual Chassis and Virtual Chassis Fabric technologies on select models allow interconnected EX Series and QFX Series Switches to operate as a single, logical device, reducing operational expenses and simplifying management.
- Support IEEE 802.1ae MACsec for link-layer data confidentiality, data integrity, and data origin authentication, enabling 88 Gbps of near line-rate hardware-based traffic encryption on all GbE and 10GbE ports.
|Form Factor||Fixed platform
Virtual Chassis configuration consisting of 10 switches
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17.4 x 1.7 x 16.4 in (44.2 x 4.3 x 41.7 cm)
1 rack unit
|Backplane Speed||320 Gbps (Virtual Chassis)|
|Data Rate||EX4300-24P/24T: 448 Gbps
EX4300-48P/48T: 496 Gbps
EX4300-32F: 464 Gbps
|Throughput||EX4300-24P/24TF: 333 Mpps (wire speed)
EX4300-48P/48T: 369 Mpps (wire speed)
EX4300-32F: 345 Mpps (wire speed)
|40GBASE QSFP + Port Densities||4 per switch
Up to 20 in Virtual Chassis configuration (assuming 2 ports per switch are used for forming Virtual Chassis)
|100GBASE CFP Port Densities||N/A|