US Educational Technology Purchasing Alliance
The USETPA is an alliance that was formed to leverage purchasing power for K-12 Public and Private Schools, Libraries, and Head Start Organizations.
As a result of E-Rate modernization and a new emphasis being placed on consortia purchasing, USETPA was founded by a number of School Districts. In cooperation with several professional education associations, the Alliance seeks to facilitate the creation and implementation of Master Service Agreements (MSA). The use of MSAs will allow schools, libraries, and local government agencies to leverage the pricing power of aggregated demand while decreasing the burdens placed upon purchasing departments.
Goals of USETPA
- To obtain beneficial pricing for subscriber schools and libraries
- To reduce the administrative burden on the purchasing department
- To simplify the E-Rate process for members
- To utilize demand aggregation on larger orders
- To ensure that purchasing decisions are compliant with federal, state and local laws
- To foster an exchange of ideas among members in regards to best purchasing practices
- To foster an exchange of ideas among members in regards to optimal technology solutions