Routing in Fat Trees
Try out the RIFT protocol for free.
As you set up your data center fabric to deliver more computation and storage services, it has to evolve into highly scalable network topologies such as Clos and Fat Trees. A specialized protocol for IP fabrics, Routing in Fat Trees (RIFT) uses both link-state and distance-vector techniques to optimize routing in these topologies, while speeding up your deployment and minimizing OpEx. Among its advantages, the RIFT open standard:
- Supports Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) in fat-tree topologies.
- Minimizes the routing state held at each topology level.
- Supports automatic disaggregation of prefixes on link and node failures to prevent black-holing and suboptimal routing.
- Load balances based on the available link bandwidth in your fabric.
- Allows traffic steering and re-routing policies.
- Provides maximum vendor interoperability.
See for yourself how RIFT performs in your native host environment. Simply download, install, and begin running our free trial software. There’s no time limit. You can try RIFT for as long as you like.
Start Your Trial
Click the button below and select the evaluation software version you want to download. You’ll need to accept the Juniper End User License Agreement before the download begins.
Request the free trial
After you register, you can request the free RIFT trial here. For Issue Type, select “Access to software downloads.” For Description of Issue, type “RIFT trial” and complete the remaining fields.
Click download RIFT and select the evaluation software version you want to download. You’ll need to accept the Juniper End User License Agreement before the download begins.