Very low latency, high-performance, 10GbE/40GbE data center switch
The QFX5100 line of scalable, high-performance, low-latency Layer 2/3 switches is optimized for application delivery, with a powerful feature set for virtualized data centers.
- Throughput and capacity up to 2.56 Tbps and 1.44 Bpps, respectively, sustain wire-speed switching with low latency and jitter, as well as full Layer 2 and Layer 3 performance.
- Redundant power and cooling ensure high availability.
- Separate control and data planes provide maximum system availability.
- Support for server and network virtualization using large media access control (MAC) tables enables large-scale virtualization deployment in VMware with Juniper Contrail for select models, and Junos Space Network Director for combined networks.
- Energy efficiency reduces carbon footprint and operational expenses.
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||QFX5100-48S/-24Q/-24Q-AA: 17.4 x 1.72 x 20.5 in (44.1 x 4.4 x 52.0 cm); 1 U
QFX5100-48T: 17.4 x 1.72 x 21.5 in (44.1 x 4.4 x 54.6 cm); 1 U
QFX5100-96S: 17.4 x 3.46 x 22.4 in (44.1 x 8.8 x 57.0 cm); 2 U
|Power Options||100 to 240 VAC (single phase) at 50/60 Hz or –36 to –72 VDC|
|System Throughput||QFX5100-48S: 1.44 Tbps
QFX5100-48T: 1.44 Tbps
QFX5100-24Q: 2.56 Tbps
QFX5100-24Q-AA: 2.56 Tbps
QFX5100-96S: 2.56 Tbps
|Form Factor||Fixed-configuration platform|
|Data Rate (switching capacity)||QFX5100-48S: 1.08 Bpps
QFX5100-48T: 1.08 Bpps
QFX5100-24Q: 1.44 Bpps
QFX5100-24Q-AA: 1.44 Bpps
QFX5100-96S: 1.44 Bpps
|Port Densities||QFX5100-48S: 48 1GbE/10GbE; 6 40GbE
QFX5100-48T: 48 tri-speed (10GbE/1GbE/100 Mbps); 6 40GbE
QFX5100-24Q: 24 40GbE; 2 expansion slots for 4 x 40
QFX5100-24Q-AA: 24 40GbE; 2 expansion slots for 4 x 40 or 1 double-wide slot for FPGA-based module
QFX5100-96S: 96 1GbE/10GbE; 8 40GbE
|Maximum 10GbE Density||QFX5100-48S: 72 ports (48 10GbE SFP/SFP+ ports + 24 10GbE ports using QSFP+ to SFP+ DAC or QSFP+ to SFP+ fiber splitter cables and optics)
QFX5100-96S: 104 ports (96 10 GbE SFP/SFP+ ports + 8 10GbE ports using 2 QSFP+ to SFP+ DAC or QSFP+ to SFP+ fiber splitter cables and optics)