European Privacy Notice
Personal information collected on or about individuals located in the European Union is collected on the following legal bases for processing:
- Necessary for Performance of a Contract: If we or our affiliates have entered into a contract with customers, partners, suppliers or other third parties, we may need to process your personal information or we may need to process your personal information to enter into a contract with you for employment purposes.
- Consent: Where you have provided your consent for us to engage in marketing activities with you, we may need to process your personal information or where you have provided us with explicit consent to process your sensitive or special categories of information in connection with our recruiting activities.
- Legitimate Interest: We may need to process your personal information where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, such as (1) to communicate with you in response to your requests, questions, inquiries, and submissions; (2) to conduct advertising, marketing and promotional activities in connection with operating our business; (3) for research and development, security and optimization of our Products, Services and Websites; and (4) to process a job application, conduct recruiting activities, develop and improve our recruiting process or Websites, and communicate with you regarding your interest in current or future employment opportunities with Juniper.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: Where we are required to comply with laws or legal obligations.
Individuals located in the European Union may have certain rights related to the processing of their personal information in Juniper’s possession or for which Juniper is otherwise responsible, as set forth below:
- Access: You may request to receive a copy of your personal information in machine-readable form.
- Delete: You may request we delete some personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
- Correct or Rectify: You may correct or change some personal information that Juniper stores about you; in particular, to correct inaccurate information.
- Object to or Restrict Processing: You may object to our processing of some personal information about you or restrict or limit our use of some personal information about you.
- Transfer: You may request, to the extent feasible, the transfer of your personal information to another data controller.
- Consent Withdrawal: You may withdraw consents you previously granted to us.
- Automated Decision-Making: You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, with certain exceptions. Juniper does not generally engage in such automated decision-making on its Websites or in its Juniper Products, and if it does, Juniper complies with applicable legal requirements in connection with such data processing.
If you have an account or accounts with us, please visit your account page(s) to review the options available to you to exercise your rights above. Please note that some functionality may not be available, or we may not be able to fulfill your request, depending on Juniper’s legal obligations. For example, we may not be able to delete or anonymize all data as we may be legally required to retain certain data or retain certain data in identifiable form. If functionality to exercise your rights is not available to you directly, or you have any concerns about how we process your data under the EU General Data Protection Regulations, please make a request here. You can also contact us by writing to Juniper Networks, Inc., Attn: Legal-Privacy, 1133 Innovation Way, Sunnyvale, California 94089 USA.
Juniper has affiliates, subsidiaries and operations globally and may transfer your personal information on a global basis to operate its business. If personal information is transferred to a Juniper recipient in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, Juniper will take measures designed to adequately protect your personal information, such as ensuring that such transfers are subject to the terms of the EU Model Clauses.
Published July 2021