Ericsson and Juniper partnership gains customer momentum with joint 5G solutions for transport networks and security.
To get the most out of 5G while addressing its many challenges, you need an integrated and optimized end-to-end mobile transport solution to connect radio and packet core systems.
Juniper and Ericsson have teamed up to deliver an answer to this challenge. Our joint solution offers agile, intelligent mobile transport and comprehensive security, all integrated as part of the Ericsson Radio System to guarantee superior 5G performance. Let us help you through your 5G transformation with an easy-to-manage mobile transport infrastructure that can meet diverse network and service requirements.
The Juniper and Ericsson solution offers a number of advantages.
- Agile, intelligent, end-to-end transport
- Open, multivendor architecture
- Integrated, best-of-breed domain solutions
- End-to-end network slicing
- Policy-driven, pervasive security
The Juniper and Ericsson 5G solution includes the following products and technologies:
Access fronthaul and backhaul
- Ericsson Router 6000 flagship mobile backhaul product line
- Ericsson Fronthaul 6000 high-density optical solution, which complements microwave solutions for Common Public Radio Interface (CPRI) and Enhanced CPRI (eCPRI) transport
Microwave radio backhaul
- Ericsson MINI-LINK 5G-ready microwave technology
WAN services and IP transport
- MX Series Universal Routing Platforms, the industry’s only WAN edge transport and services solution to deliver near-infinite programmability and performance at scale for next-generation mobile services
- PTX Series Packet Transport Routers for backbone, peering, and converged metro core transport applications
- Paragon Pathfinder Juniper’s SDN controller that interworks with Ericsson Dynamic Orchestration for seamless control from the cell site to the packet core network
Security gateways and firewalls
- SRX Series Services Gateways, integrated with Ericsson Radio Base Stations, for high-performance, highly scalable next-generation Gi firewall, roaming firewall, and security gateway capabilities
- SRX Series and vSRX Virtual Firewall products, integrated as part of Ericsson’s 5G High Layer vRAN for IPsec security
- PTX Series, MX Series, and SRX Series native integration into Ericsson Security Manager for reduced time to market by automating hardening and facilitating the monitoring and compliance of security policies
Unified management and control
- Ericsson management and orchestration applied across the Juniper and Ericsson solution for full support of the fault, configuration, accounting, performance, security (FCAPS) network management model