The Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP) consists of Junos-based and platform-specific, multi-tiered tracks, which enable you to demonstrate competence with Juniper’s technology in the areas most pertinent to your job function and experience.
Multiple Junos Tracks:
- Data Center: This track is directed toward those who work with modern data center architectures, technologies, and interconnects, including small-to-medium enterprise data centers up to large cloud providers.
- Service Provider Routing and Switching: This track is for those working with infrastructure or access solutions in a Juniper Networks routing and/or switching end-to-end environment primarily within the telecommunications arena or a Fortune 100 Enterprise environment.
- Enterprise Routing and Switching: This track is for those working in small through large Enterprise environments that install and support Juniper Networks technology-based networks in which LAN and WAN routers and switches reside.
- Junos Security: This track is directed toward those who design and implement Juniper Networks secure networks.
Product and Technology Certifications
The JNCP features three Product and Technology tracks based on specific Juniper Networks technologies. These tracks are aimed at professionals that make extensive use of these technologies.
The Design Certification Track allows participants to demonstrate competence with Juniper Networks design principles and associated technologies.
Curriculum Paths to Certifications
This new Curriculum Paths to Certifications [ PDF 577 KB ] document is a tool to help you prepare for your JNCP certifications. It maps the curriculum recommended to achieve certification credentials within the individual certification tracks making it easier for you to determine your training and certification needs.
Level Junos Tracks Data Center Enterprise Routing & Switching Junos Security Service Provider Routing & Switching JNCIE JNCIE-DC JNCIE-ENT JNCIE-SEC JNCIE-SP JNCIP JNCIP-DC JNCIP-ENT JNCIP-SEC JNCIP-SP JNCIS JNCIS-ENT JNCIS-ENT JNCIS-SEC JNCIS-SP JNCIA JNCIA-Junos JNCIA-Junos JNCIA-Junos JNCIA-Junos
Level Product and Technology Tracks Firewall/VPN QFabric SDN and Automation JNCIS JNCIS-FWV JNCIS-QF JNCIS-SDNA
Level Design Tracks Data Center WAN Security JNCDS JNCDS-DC JNCDS-WAN JNCDS-SEC JNCDA JNCDA JNCDA JNCDA
Juniper Partner Certification Requirements
If you are a Juniper Partner and you have questions on the technical certification requirements to become an Elite or Select Partner or to add a specialization, please contact your Partner Account Manager (PAM) or an inside sales representative at:
- United States: 866-298-6428866-298-6428 FREE
- International: 978-589-0500978-589-0500
For additional information, please email the Juniper Partner organization at: email@example.com.
Active but Unsupported / Retired
The following table lists Juniper Networks Certification Program certifications that are either Active but Unsupported or Retired.
Active but Unsupported certifications are those that no longer have an exam that can be taken to earn the certification. Active but Unsupported certifications are still valid for the remainder of the credential holder’s two year certification period.
Retired certifications are those that are no longer supported and past the two-year certification period of all individuals.
Certification Status Exam EOL Date Replaced By JNCSP-ENT Active/Unsupported March 31, 2017 N/A JNCSP-SEC Active/Unsupported March 31, 2017 N/A JNCSP-SP Active/Unsupported March 31, 2017 N/A JNCIA-E Active/Unsupported May 31, 2016 N/A JNCIS-E Active/Unsupported May 31, 2016 N/A JNCIP-E Active/Unsupported May 31, 2016 N/A JNCIA-WX Active/Unsupported May 31, 2016 N/A JNCIS-WLAN Active/Unsupported May 31, 2016 N/A JNCIA-IDP Active/Unsupported May 31, 2016 N/A JNCIS-AC Active/Unsupported July 31, 2015 Pulse Secure JNCIS-SA Active/Unsupported July 31, 2015 Pulse Secure JNCIA-FWV Retired February 15, 2013 None JNCIS-SSL Retired October 26, 2012 Pulse Secure JNCIA-SSL Retired October 26, 2012 Pulse Secure JNCIA-DX Retired September 3, 2010 N/A JNCIA-ER Retired December 3, 2010 JNCIA-Junos JNCIS-ER Retired December 3, 2010 JNCIS-ENT JNCIE-ER Retired October 31, 2011 JNCIE-ENT JNCIA-EX Retired December 3, 2010 JNCIA-Junos JNCIA-M Retired December 31, 2010 JNCIA-Junos JNCIS-M Retired December 31, 2010 JNCIS-SP JNCIP-M Retired July 31, 2011 JNCIP-SP JNCIE-M Retired September 30, 2011 JNCIE-SP JNCIA-AC Retired April 13, 2012 Pulse Secure