Multilayer SDN control puts an end to overprovisioning
This industry-first NorthStar traffic optimization WAN SDN controller automates the creation of traffic-engineering paths across the network, increasing network utilization and enabling a customized programmable networking experience. With the power of Junos OS, WANDL optimization algorithms, and transport abstraction, NorthStar Controller enables efficient design, bringing new levels of control and visibility that help you avoid costly over provisioning.
- Provides complex interdomain path computation and network optimization services.
- Employs sophisticated, industry-leading path computation algorithms.
- Addresses multilayer optimization with multiple user-defined constraints.
- Provides specific ordering and synchronization of paths that are signaled across routed network elements.
- Offers a global view of network state for monitoring, management, and proactive planning.
- Features predictable, deterministic network state within a margin of error for demand forecasts.
- Minimizes distributed state and increases efficiency of existing network elements by offloading control-plane processing.
- Creates a foundation for additional centralized network infrastructure services through an API for the network.
- Simplifies operations by enabling SDN programmability control points across disparate network elements.