Locate a Partner
IBM and Juniper Networks provide innovative networking, security solutions and services to a variety of customers. Together, IBM and Juniper are helping customers build the best networks to realize the power of a Smarter Planet. The IBM-Juniper relationship spans technology development, product sales, service, and OEM.
“With Juniper’s Ethernet technologies added to our data center portfolio, IBM is able to offer customers more choice and flexibility in their networking solutions to address the growing demands being placed on their IT environments.”
IBM-Juniper Strategic Alliance
- IBM and Juniper collaboration on development resulted in Juniper’s groundbreaking QFabric System. QFabric System changes the dynamics of data center networking and is leading the evolution to a virtualized, converged, and cloud-ready data center.
- IBM Research uses QFabric for their Accelerated Discovery Lab to help clients leverage Big Data analytics tools to gain insight and understanding from massive data sets.
- Juniper's portfolio of switches and routers are available globally through IBM Global Technology Services.
- Juniper’s Contrail Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution integrated with IBM SmartCloud Orchestrator.
- Juniper is actively engaged with several IBM Smarter Planet industry frameworks, providing networking and security products that are part of IBM industry solutions.
- IBM Systems & Technology Group (STG) resells Juniper switches (IBM J48E, EX2200 and EX4500).
- Juniper switches are embedded in integrated solutions, including IBM iDataplex Intelligent Cluster, IBM Smart Analytics, and IBM zBX – zEnterprise BladeCenter Extension.
- Juniper Financing Advantage, which offers comprehensive financing at competitive rates, is provided by IBM Global Financing.
- Juniper QFabric System and vGW Series Virtual Gateway have been tested and validated as interoperable with IBM PureSystems.
Integrated Computing Platform
Simplify Integration with Bundled Solutions
Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
Cloud-Ready Data Centers
Deliver Innovative Cloud Services
- IBM PureSystem - Expert integrated systems fundamentally change the IT lifecycle, reducing cost, saving time, and speeding innovation. IBM PureFlex System provides an integrated computing environment, combining servers, storage, networking, virtualization, and management into a single offering. Both Juniper QFabric System and Juniper vGW Virtual Gateway have been validated for IBM PureFlex Systems.
- Juniper QFabric Architecture for IBM Flex System - Customers implementing virtualized application environments, big data, or cloud infrastructures in their own data centers can use the combination of Juniper QFX3500 Switch with IBM Flex System compute, storage, and management components. Working with Arrow Electronics, this converged infrastructure bundle is packaged as the Juniper Networks QFabric Architecture for IBM Flex Systems. Available currently in the USA and UKI, this integrated data center solution bundle offers an open, flexible, client-tuned experience.
- IBM Cloud Service Provider Platform - CSP2 enables cloud service providers to offer market-leading cloud services quickly and easily. Juniper provides the networking infrastructure included in IBM CSP2. Juniper networking and security products are also used in IBM’s own Cloud Data Centers around the world.
High-Performance Data Center Fabrics
Seamless Data Center Interconnections
Protect Data Centers and Branch Offices
- Multivendor support - clients receive consolidated, single point of call and accountability for maintenance in the networking environment
- Unique ability to support multinational companies
- Entitlement and inventory management
- IBM on-site services
- Procurement and staging services
- Options for multiyear agreements, discounting, and IBM Financing
- Additional services, including managed security services and IBM Delivery Project Management
- Identify all items covered under warranty, length of warranty and any extended coverage periods