Brazil Privacy Notice
This Brazil Privacy Notice, is provided as a supplement to the Juniper Networks Privacy Notice to provide additional information to individuals located in Brazil as required by Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados No. 13,709/2018 or General Data Protection Law (“LGPD”). This notice includes information such as our purposes of personal data processing, the rights you have regarding our processing of your personal data, and how to contact Juniper Networks if you have any questions or requests regarding our processing of your personal data.
Personal data collected on or about individuals located in Brazil is collected on the following lawful bases for processing:
- Consent: Where you have provided your consent for us to engage in marketing activities with you, we may need to process your personal data.
- Comply with Legal or Regulatory Obligations: Where we are required to comply with laws, legal obligations, or regulations.
- Necessary for Execution of a Contract: If we or our affiliates have entered into a contract with you, or your employer, who may be a customer, partner, supplier or other third party with whom we have a relationship, we may need to process your personal data.
- Legitimate Interest: We may need to process your personal data where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, such as (1) to communicate with you in response to your requests, questions, inquiries, and submissions; (2) to conduct advertising, marketing and promotional activities in connection with operating our business; (3) for research and development, security and optimization of the Juniper Products and Our Websites; and (4) to process a job application and communicate with you regarding your interest in employment with Juniper Networks.
In limited circumstances, we may also process your personal data for the protection of your life or physical safety or of a third party.
Individuals located in Brazil may have certain rights related to the processing of their personal data in Juniper Networks’ possession or for which Juniper Networks is otherwise responsible, as set forth below:
- Confirmation. You have the right to request we confirm whether we process your personal data.
- Access. You have the right to request access to the personal data and additional information about the processing of that data.
- Correction. You have the right to request we correct incomplete, inaccurate, or out-of-date personal data.
- Anonymization, Blocking, or Deletion. You have the right to request that we anonymize, block (restrict) from processing, or delete unnecessary or excessive personal data or personal data processed in violation of the LGPD.
- Data Portability. You have the right to request that your personal data are ported to another service provider, subject to protection of any Juniper Networks’ confidential or proprietary information.
- Deletion. You have the right to request deletion of your personal data we process with your consent, subject to certain exceptions.
- Information About Recipients. You have the right to request information about the public and private entities with whom we shared your personal data.
- Possibility to Decline Consent. You have the right to information regarding the possibility to decline providing consent to processing your personal data where we seek your consent, and the consequences of declining consent.
- Revoke Prior Consent. You have the right to revoke consent you granted to us.
- Automated Decision Making Information. You have the right to request for the review of decisions made solely based on automated processing of your personal data affecting your interests, including decisions intended to define your personal, professional, consumer and credit profile, or aspects of your personality.
Your rights above may be subject to certain limitations and Juniper Networks may not be required to fulfill all requests in all circumstances. For example, we may not be able to delete or anonymize all data as we may be legally required to retain certain data or retain certain data in identifiable form.
Other details regarding the processing of personal data that individuals located in Brazil may be entitled to receive are contained in other provisions of our Privacy Notice.
If we experience a security incident which may create risk or relevant damage to you, we will notify you and the Brazilian Data Protection Authority (ANPD) as required by LGPD.
If you have an account or accounts with us, please visit your account page(s) to review the options available to you to exercise your rights above. Please note that some functionality may not be available, or we may not be able to fulfill your request, depending on Juniper Networks’ legal obligations. If functionality to exercise your rights is not available to you directly, or you have any concerns about how we process your data under LGPD, please make a request here. You can also contact us by writing to Juniper Networks, Inc., Attn: Legal-Privacy, 1133 Innovation Way, Sunnyvale, California 94089 USA.
Juniper Networks has affiliates, subsidiaries and operations globally and may transfer your personal data on a global basis to operate its business. If personal data is transferred to a Juniper Networks recipient in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal data, Juniper Networks will take measures designed to adequately protect your personal data in accordance with the LGPD, such as ensuring that such transfers are subject to appropriate contractual restrictions or standard contractual clauses, such as the European Union Model Clauses. Such transfers may also take place at your request, as necessary for the execution of a contract or preliminary procedures related to a contract to which you are a party, or in other cases as permitted by the LGPD.
Juniper Networks has the following as its Data Protection Officer for Brazil:
Brazil Data Protection Officer
Juniper Networks, Inc.
1133 Innovation Way
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA
Published and Effective: July 2021