On June 30, 2023, the Cloud, Expert (JNCIE-Cloud) certification exam will end of life (EOL). All active JNCIE-Cloud certifications will remain active for three years from the date earned or last recertified—it may not be recertified past the EOL date.
Candidates currently preparing for the JNCIE-Cloud exam must sit for the exam prior to the EOL date.
The Cloud track enables you to demonstrate competence with cloud networking architectures such as multiclouds, software-defined networking, SD-WAN, and other cloud technologies. JNCIE-Cloud is at the pinnacle of the cloud certification track.
The 1-day JNCIE-Cloud practical exam is designed to validate your ability to deploy, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Juniper Networks' cloud networking technologies. Throughout the 6-hour practical exam, you will build a cloud network consisting of multiple interconnected sites and services using cloud technologies. You will perform system configuration on all devices including orchestration, fabric automation, multicloud deployment, Contrail Networking, analytics, and Contrail Security. The exam is based on Contrail Networking 1908 and Contrail Insights 3.0.
This track includes four certifications:
- JNCIA-Cloud: Cloud, Associate. For details, see JNCIA-Cloud.
- JNCIS-Cloud: Cloud, Specialist. For details, see JNCIS-Cloud.
- JNCIP-Cloud: Cloud, Professional. For details, see JNCIP-Cloud.
- JNCIE-Cloud: Cloud, Expert. For details, see the sections below.
We recommend the following resources to help you prepare for your exam. However, these resources aren't required, and using them doesn't guarantee you'll pass the exam.
- JNCIE-Cloud Certification Self-Study Bundle
- All courses listed for the underlying certifications
- Contrail Insights (formerly AppFormix) Documentation
- Contrail Integration with Kubernetes Documentation
- Contrail Networking Documentation
- Day One: Building Containers Using Kubernetes and Contrail
- Junos OS Documentation
- OpenStack Documentation
- QFX Series Switches Documentation
- VMWare Documentation
- vMX Virtual Routers Documentation
- Extensive real-world hands-on experience
Here’s a high-level view of the skillset required to successfully complete the JNCIE-Cloud certification exam.
OpenStack for orchestration
VMware for orchestration
Kubernetes for orchestration
Fabric Automation using Contrail Command
Fabric automation functions
Provision new IP fabric
Onboard an existing IP fabric
Interconnect data centers
Create or configure tenants
IP fabric network
Overlay load balancing
Troubleshooting an overlay network
Troubleshooting Contrail Security issues
Monitory Analytics and Telemetry
Contrail Insights (formerly AppFormix) for monitoring SDN components
Contrail Insights for debugging purposes
Exam questions are derived from the recommended training and the exam resources listed above. The exam is only provided in English.
Hands-on lab exam
Juniper Software Releases:
- vMX Virtual Router: 18.1
- QFX Series Switches: 18.1 & 18.3
- Contrail Networking: 1908
- Contrail Insights (formerly AppFormix): 3.0
Non-Juniper Software Releases:
- VMware ESXi: 6.5.0
- VMware vCenter: 6.7
- Kubernetes: 1.12
- OpenStack: Queens with Kolla
Juniper certifications are valid for three years. For more information, see Recertification.