NEC and Juniper drive Open Networks in 5G
NEC has been recognized by Juniper as its Global Alliance Partner of the Year for the third consecutive year.
NEC Open Networks:
- Comprises best-of-breed solutions that take advantage of cutting-edge 5G technologies including the full lineup of Juniper’s offerings, such as 5G IP transport, telco and edge cloud, data center networks, service provider security, and enterprise branch solutions
- NEC 5G xHaul Transport Solutions and Services, helping service providers transform their transport networks in conjunction with Juniper’s IP transport and security solutions
- NEC Open RAN 5G Radio Unit and Open vRAN, supporting service providers to rethink their mobile networks, explore new ways of deploying innovative services, and develop new business models
- NEC Cloud-Native 4G/5G Converged Mobile Core, enabling service providers to benefit from shorter time-to-market, network monetization, greater flexibility, scalability, and reliability
- NEC Telco Cloud Solution, NEC’s comprehensive support from infrastructure design to building and operating a telco cloud utilizing Juniper’s telco and edge cloud solutions
- NEC Digital Services with NEC/Netcracker Digital BSS and OSS and Business Services, with more than 250 worldwide customers , including Juniper Data Center Network and Enterprise Branch solutions
Juniper contributions to NEC Open Networks
5G IP Transport
Juniper’s access, metro, edge, and core IP networking solutions, consisting of the ACX Series, MX Series, and PTX Series combined with Paragon Automation, deliver scalable and secure routers for service providers providing the required user experience.
Telco and Edge Cloud
Juniper’s telco and edge cloud is built on an open, agile architecture that enables service providers to be more responsive to their customers and to rapidly changing business needs. It helps service providers deliver an enhanced customer experience, with cloud solutions that make telco and edge cloud easy to design, deploy, and operate. A universal cloud framework enables economies of scale and operation across service provider data centers, regional clouds, edge clouds, and on-premises clouds.
Data Center Networks
Juniper´s data center solutions simplify operations and assure experiences with an automated, flexible, and open fabric. Juniper QFX Series Routers provide scalability, reliability, and non-blocking performance. Juniper MX Series Routers combined with the data center fabric provide data center edge and interconnect with comprehensive EVPN-VXLAN and IP capabilities.
The Juniper Apstra System delivers continuous automation and validation through intent-based network design and operations, and network policy and control through Contrail Networking. All of this simplifies your path to multicloud.
Service Provider Security
Network operators are constantly facing a large volume of threats that have the potential to disrupt their services. Juniper Connected Security safeguards users, applications, and infrastructure by extending threat intelligence to all connection points across service provider networks. MX Series Routers and SRX Series Services Gateways deliver industry-leading CG-NAT and stateful firewalling performance. For network slicing and distributed edge cloud, the vSRX Virtual Firewall and cSRX Container Firewall protect virtual and containerized deployments.
With a modern microservices cloud architecture, Mist delivers unparalleled scale and agility, plus an inline AI engine for unprecedented insights and automation. Juniper Session Smart SD-WAN and wired/wireless access solutions, driven by Mist AI, bring simplicity, security, and scale to the enterprise branch with a variety of unique features that enable a seamless transition to an SASE architecture.
Why NEC and Juniper?
- NEC and Juniper have been innovating worldwide networks as partners for over 13 years with unparalleled expertise leading service providers in their network transformation journeys.
- NEC was named Juniper’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year for 2021, for the third consecutive year.
- Collective global footprint of hundreds of service providers in over 35 countries
- Robust NEC Professional Services organization including hundreds of NEC engineers certified on Juniper’s solutions.
- Juniper solutions validated in NEC’s global laboratories.
- Joint market innovations including Africa’s first Segment Routing application, AI-driven wireless services application, and AI-driven wifi for enterprises, as well as solution innovations such as the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Award for Multi-Edge Cloud PoC 2021 and Joint 5G xHaul Transport Solutions.
Transforming Customer Experiences Across Mobile, Residential, and Business Services
Running many disparate networks was slowing Telefónica’s ability to implement new services. The solution? Merging its networks and the people and processes surrounding them.
Telefónica is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies. When it became difficult to keep up with traffic growth across its many disparate networks, the company teamed with Juniper to simplify things by converging disparate telecom organizations and processes.