Service providers today are facing a multitude of network challenges that hinder their ability to stay competitive. Foremost among these challenges is a rigid service delivery infrastructure and operating costs that seldom align with revenue. Compounding those problems, network operations are increasingly complex and expensive to maintain, driving up total cost of ownership (TCO).
Juniper solves these problems with a carrier-grade Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) solution that combines a turnkey software cloud management system and a supporting reference architecture based on virtualization and programmability.
We enhance our NFV solution with innovative management software and accelerate deployment with Juniper Services and expert partners. The result is a production-ready suite of NFV capabilities that intelligently orchestrates and automates the provisioning and operation of network functions, both virtualized and physical.
The Juniper NFV solution enables you to lower your TCO through automation while improving visibility and simplifying your operations. You also gain increased agility through virtualization, allowing you to align your costs with revenue. Our commitment to an open-platform, DevOps approach helps you stay flexible and minimizes risks by avoiding vendor lock-in. These elements enable a platform to rapidly deliver new services to market.
Our NFV solution framework incorporates:
- A programmable cloud reference architecture that leverages Contrail for a turnkey management and orchestration platform.
- MetaFabric™ architecture to provide an agile and intelligent foundation for cloud-based data centers.
- Intelligent Services Edge to give you visibility and control in software-defined networks (SDN).
- Virtualized network functions (VNFs) on our vSRX and vMX virtual platforms.
- Customer premises equipment to securely extend VNFs with the NFX250 Network Services Platform.
- Management systems to simplify network, switching, and security functions.
With the Juniper NFV solution architecture, you gain the freedom to choose the components and network elements that are right for your business. The carrier-grade solution ensures reliability and security, combined with Web 2.0 attributes for scalability and agility.
Our NFV solution is ready today to address new business use cases such as virtual CPE (vCPE), managed security services, and Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs) such as virtual Provider Edge.