Juniper Apstra intent-based networking software automates and validates the design, deployment, and operation of data center networks, from Day 0 through Day 2+. The only solution of its kind with multivendor support, Apstra empowers organizations to automate and manage their networks across virtually any data center design, vendor, and topology, making private data center as easy as cloud.
Apstra’s focus on reliability enables network teams to manage their data center operations with confidence. Using Apstra’s single source of truth and powerful analytics, they can deliver optimal network performance and resolve issues quickly. Apstra also averts outages with predictive insights and provides change control with networkwide rollback capabilities. Juniper Validated Designs (JVDs) help ensure reliable operations and accelerate deployments.
- Intent-based automation
- Continuous Day 0 – Day 2+ validation
- Multivendor support
- Advanced analytics, telemetry, and flow data
- Policy assurance based on a single source of truth
- Intent Time Voyager rollback
- Integrated data center interconnect (DCI) with seamless VXLAN stitching
Features + Benefits
Reliable, Automated Operations
Use JVDs and repeatable blueprints to maintain consistency, improve reliability, and boost deployment speed. Implement changes quickly and confidently across vendors and locations. Apstra provides change control and continuous validation to significantly improve service delivery times and reduce mean time to resolution (MTTR).
Focus on Experience
Intent-based automation simplifies NetOps. IT teams can use business outcomes to create policies that are automatically implemented and enforced. An intuitive point-and-click interface minimizes learning curves, while support for HashiCorp® Terraform® infrastructure-as-code providers and other integrations enhance interoperability and workflows.
Avoid lock-in with Apstra’s exclusive vendor-agnostic technology. Multivendor telemetry and flow data provide complete network visibility across environments for in-depth analysis of traffic patterns, performance optimization, security enhancement, regulatory compliance, capacity planning, and cost control.
Juniper’s Zero Trust Data Center extends access control, authentication, and advanced threat prevention across every point of connection on the network. With unified management, contextual networkwide visibility and analytics, and a single policy framework, Juniper safeguards applications, data, and infrastructure across your hybrid environment.
What’s Your ROI? Find Out Here.
Juniper Apstra networking software automates and validates the design, deployment, and operation of data center networks. See how—and how well—with a personalized ROI estimate. It takes just a few minutes for detailed results.
1/3/5-Year Terms Per Managed Device
Choose the right plan for you or Contact Us
Basic configuration and operations
Includes a 6-month Advanced trial:
Full operation, assurance, and intent-based analytics
All Standard features plus:
Large scale, multivendor support, and policy control
All Advanced features plus:
*Fabrics with non-Juniper devices require Premium tier
Training and Community
Try it. Right now.
Demo: The Automated Data Center in Action
Find Apstra in these solutions
Juniper builds automation into all products for programmability and offers a suite of tools to help you benefit from automation in your environment. We believe that delivering assured experience is the first (and most important) requirement for your NetOps and DevOps teams.
Data Center Networks
Simplify operations and assure reliability with the modern, automated data center. Juniper helps you automate and continuously validate the entire network lifecycle to ease design, deployment, and operations.
Data Center Interconnect
Juniper’s DCI solutions enable seamless interconnectivity that breaks through traditional scalability limitations, vendor lock-in, and interoperability challenges.
Automated Secure Data Center
The Juniper automated secure data center unites the multivendor automation and assured reliability of intent-based networking software with Juniper’s scalable and programmable switching and routing platforms.
AI Data Center
Deploy high performing AI training, inference, and storage clusters with speed and flexibility.
What is Juniper Apstra?
Apstra is data center fabric management and automation software.
What are the benefits of Apstra?
- Apstra offers several benefits for data center network management and automation:
- Reliable data center operations and automation through intent-based networking (IBN)
- A single point of management for Day 0 through Day 2+ operations
- Multivendor support that’s unique in the industry, including compatibility with data center equipment and software from Juniper, Cisco, Arista, and SONiC
- Minimal learning curve, thanks to an intuitive and point-and-click interface
- Ability to validate data center design, deployment, and operations regardless of the vendor, protocol, and topology, from core to edge
- Accelerated operations and MTTR, enabled by a single source of truth, powerful analytics, and root-cause identification
What are the latest use cases that Apstra supports?
Apstra 4.2.0 brings usability and intent-based analytics enhancements to operators and developers. Juniper Validated Designs (JVDs) ensure data center reliability based on proven, repeatable architectures. Flow data allows operators to connect data center fabric management with application performance. Integrations with Terraform and Kubernetes, along with existing Juniper integrations with key cloud tools and technologies, ensure that private data center infrastructure and operations seamlessly fit into an organization’s cloud strategy.
What devices does Apstra support?
Juniper Apstra software runs on data center equipment from Juniper, Cisco, and Arista, and on devices running the SONiC open-source networking operating system. See the full list of supported environments here.
What topologies does Apstra support?
With Apstra Freeform Reference Designs, Apstra empowers organizations to customize, automate, and manage their networks across virtually any topology, from core to edge.
What are Apstra reference designs?
Apstra provides 3/5-stage, spine-leaf, collapsed fabric, and Freeform reference designs. These reference designs address the challenge of creating a coherent data center network that’s more than the sum of its functioning components. Apstra reference designs define how the business intent of the user is mapped to enforcement mechanisms and what expectations must be satisfied for the intent to be deemed fulfilled.
What are some common Apstra data center network use cases and functions?
Some typical use cases and functions of Apstra include the following:
- Lifecycle management, including unified management across data centers from a single centralized tool
- Network operational visualization with no-code Graph Explorer, integrated flow data, and monitoring with intent-based analytics
- Network operating system upgrade management
- Protection from configuration and change management errors with configuration rollback tools
- Outage root-cause analysis for accelerated MTTR
- Integrated data center interconnect (DCI) lifecycle management with seamless VXLAN stitching
- Security policy evaluation and assurance
- Configuration and event correlation between VMware environments and data center networks
- Capacity planning and utilization monitoring
What license options are available for Apstra?
Juniper offers a three-tiered licensing subscription model, enabling you to choose the one that unlocks the greatest value for your investment.
- Tier 1: Standard, which includes basic configurations and operation
- Tier 2: Advanced, which includes all the features in Standard and supports full operation, assurance, and advanced intent-based analytics (IBA)
- Tier 3: Premium, which includes all the features in Advanced and supports large-scale multivendor environments and policy control
Contact your Juniper sales representative to discuss the appropriate license tier for your data center.
What license tier is required if I need to manage multiple vendors?
The Premium license tier includes support for both Juniper and non-Juniper devices. The Standard and Advanced tiers provide support for managing Juniper devices only.
What are the installation requirements for Apstra?
Customers have a choice of a hardware or virtual platform. View Apstra supported hypervisors, versions, and recommended VM resources here.
Where can I get help with deploying Apstra?
Does Apstra support brownfield environments?
Yes, and Juniper and partners can provide professional services to assist you.
How do I upgrade to the latest Apstra release?
Refer to the Apstra user guide for upgrade procedures. Note that since the Apstra platform is a management tool and does not operate in the network data plane, upgrades will not impact network traffic.
What external server virtualization and workload management systems does Apstra integrate with?
Apstra integrates with VMware NSX-T and VMware vCenter to provide visibility and configuration validation to both network and VMware operators. This integration speeds the resolution of any mismatches among port groups, fabric VLANs, and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) configurations. It also accelerates the troubleshooting of any virtual networking and VM traffic issues.
What are best practices for Apstra deployment and Apstra-managed network designs?
Installation, user, and developer guides, implementation best practices, and additional support resources can be found here.