NEC and Juniper drive 5G Open Networks
NEC and Juniper Networks Partner to Bring Sustainable Business Growth to the Metro Transport Network
Unlock your network for the 5G era with NEC and Juniper
Digital transformation is the biggest priority for Service providers, enterprises, governments and our entire society. The 5G infrastructure plays a key role in fuelling this change and will be key to connect the physical and the virtual worlds including people, business, and objects around the world as well as the metaverse. In our always-connected society, the dependency on networks is greater than ever and they must be able to scale and perform according to the requirements of the new services that they carry.
NEC Open Networks, consisting of integrated end-to-end 5G network and software solutions from NEC and its partners like Juniper, aims to help service providers break the chain of vendor lock-in. Service providers need an alternative migration path to help them transform their legacy networks into modernized, scalable, open, and flexible 5G networks that provide reduced TCO and enable the agile creation of new revenue-generating services.
Both NEC and Juniper provide unprecedented global experience in networking that will enable service providers to introduce new, innovative 5G services and seize new business opportunities.
NEC Open Networks
As operators eye their medium-to-long-term network plans for 5G and beyond, it is becoming increasingly clear that open networks – including Open RAN – will be the way forward. The journey to a successful open network strategy will require significant planning on all phases, including network migration, deployment, and ongoing operations. The end result will be well worth the effort.
- NEC 5G xHaul Transport Solutions and Services, helping service providers transform their transport networks in conjunction with Juniper’s IP transport and security solutions
- NEC Open RAN 5G Radio Unit and Open vRAN, supporting service providers to rethink their mobile networks, explore new ways of deploying innovative services, and develop new business models
- NEC Cloud-Native 4G/5G Converged Mobile Core, enabling service providers to benefit from shorter time-to-market, network monetization, greater flexibility, scalability, and reliability
- NEC Telco Cloud Solution, NEC’s comprehensive support from infrastructure design to building and operating a telco cloud utilizing Juniper’s telco and edge cloud solutions
- NEC Digital Services with NEC/Netcracker Digital BSS and OSS and Business Services, with more than 250 worldwide customers , including Juniper Data Center Network and Enterprise Branch solutions
- Systems Integration experience on the lifecycle management of open networks, which reduces multivendor complexities and provides carrier-grade performance
Juniper contributions to NEC Open Networks
5G IP Transport
Juniper’s access, metro, edge, and core IP networking solutions, consisting of the ACX Series, MX Series, and PTX Series combined with Paragon Automation, deliver scalable and secure routers for service providers providing the required user experience.
Telco and Edge Cloud
Juniper’s telco and edge cloud is built on an open, agile architecture that enables service providers to be more responsive to their customers and to rapidly changing business needs. It helps service providers deliver an enhanced customer experience, with cloud solutions that make telco and edge cloud easy to design, deploy, and operate. A universal cloud framework enables economies of scale and operation across service provider data centers, regional clouds, edge clouds, and on-premises clouds.
Data Center Networks
Juniper´s data center solutions simplify operations and assure experiences with an automated, flexible, and open fabric. Juniper QFX Series Routers provide scalability, reliability, and non-blocking performance. Juniper MX Series Routers combined with the data center fabric provide data center edge and interconnect with comprehensive EVPN-VXLAN and IP capabilities.
The Juniper Apstra System delivers continuous automation and validation through intent-based network design and operations, and network policy and control through Contrail Networking. All of this simplifies your path to multicloud.
Service Provider Security
Network operators are constantly facing a large volume of threats that have the potential to disrupt their services. Juniper Connected Security safeguards users, applications, and infrastructure by extending threat intelligence to all connection points across service provider networks. MX Series Routers and SRX Series Services Gateways deliver industry-leading CG-NAT and stateful firewalling performance. For network slicing and distributed edge cloud, the vSRX Virtual Firewall and cSRX Container Firewall protect virtual and containerized deployments.
With a modern microservices cloud architecture, Mist delivers unparalleled scale and agility, plus an inline AI engine for unprecedented insights and automation. Juniper Session Smart SD-WAN and wired/wireless access solutions, driven by Mist AI, bring simplicity, security, and scale to the enterprise branch with a variety of unique features that enable a seamless transition to an SASE architecture.
Why NEC and Juniper?
- NEC and Juniper have been innovating worldwide networks as partners since 2007 with unparalleled expertise leading service providers in their network transformation journeys.
- NEC was named Juniper’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year for 2021, for the third consecutive year.
- Collective global footprint of hundreds of service providers in over 35 countries
- Robust NEC Professional Services organization including hundreds of NEC engineers certified on Juniper’s solutions.
- Juniper solutions validated in NEC’s global laboratories.
- Joint market innovations including Africa’s first Segment Routing application, AI-driven wireless services application, and AI-driven wifi for enterprises, as well as solution innovations such as the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Award for Multi-Edge Cloud PoC 2021 and Joint 5G xHaul Transport Solutions.