Required Tools, Wires, and Cables
Cabling your system should take only a few minutes. You will need the items listed below and in Table 6-1 for proper installation.
- 1/8" flathead screwdriver
- 3/8" wrench or 3/8" nut-driver
- No. 2 Phillips screwdriver
- Ground wires - We recommend a minimum of 10-AWG ground wire.
- #10 (ERX-7xx/14xx models) or #8 (ERX-310 router) kep nut to connect the ground (earth) wire to the ground terminal.
- Power input module wiring - We recommend a minimum of 10-AWG (ERX-7xx/14xx model) or 14-AWG (ERX-310 router DC model) wire with a dual stud terminal lug with 3/8" spacing. For the ERX-310 router AC model, use a standard IEC power cord.
Table 6-1 Required cables
Note: If you plan on using a cable-management bracket (ERX-7xx/14xx models only), install it before you begin cabling your E-series router. Cable-management brackets are helpful to keep network interface cables untangled and orderly and to prevent cables from hindering access to other slots. See Installing a Cable-Management Bracket on ERX-7xx Models in Chapter 9, Maintaining E-Series Routers.