Cabling an E-series router requires the following main tasks:
- Familiarize yourself with the module ports, and ensure that you have the cables and wires needed to complete each cabling procedure (see Figure 6-1).
- Read and understand all safety warnings. (See Chapter 3, Installation Guidelines and Requirements.)
- (Optional) Connect timing ports.
- Connect the SRP I/O module to the network and to a management console.
- Connect grounding wires to the E-series chassis.
- Connect the power cables from the power source to the power input module.
- Connect the line I/O modules to their appropriate network interface.
Note: Juniper Networks recommends that you use shielded cables where appropriate.