Installing the Signature Database Configuration
Once the signature database is downloaded, you can install the active database.
Security Director sends the full signature database update if any one of the following scenarios is true:
You install an older version of the signature files.
The corresponding diff files do not exist.
A signature file is added using the offline update.
When you do not have an Internet connection to download the package, you can perform an offline update of the signature database files by downloading the latest signature version from https://services.netscreen.com/space/2/latest/latest-space-update.zip and storing it locally.
To install the signature database:
- Select Administration > Signature Database.
- Click Install Signatures.
The Install Configuration page appears.
- You can view the summary of active signature databse version, which will be installed on your device.
- Click the check box next to the devices on which you want
to install the signature database.
You can select Full Probe or Delta Probe from Probe Devices or by right-clicking the selected device to validate the intrusion prevention system (IPS) and application firewall licenses.
- Enable Incremental Update to perform an incremental update or a full update of the signature database for the selected device.
- Select Run nowto set the signature database to automatically install immediately.
- Select Schedule at a later time to set the signature database
to automatically install at the specified time and to take the following
Choose a date by clicking the date picker icon.
Enter the time.
Select the time format from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Recurrence check box to enable the schedule to recur in a given time interval.
- Click OK.
The signature database configuration installation is complete.