After performing the initial assignment of N-PE devices and UNIs, you can still exclude additional interfaces from the list of UNIs so long as those UNIs are not assigned to services.
To remove an interface from consideration as a UNI:
- In the Network Activate task pane, select the Prestage Devices > Manage Device Roles.
- In the Manage Device Roles page, select the device you want to work on.
- Open the Actions menu and select Manage
The Manage Device UNIs window appears, showing all interfaces assigned the UNI role.
- Select the interface you no longer want to have the UNI role. To unassign multiple interfaces, use the multiple selection feature.
- Open the Actions menu and select Delete UNI.
- In the Exclude from UNI Role confirmation window, click Exclude.