Viewing Alarms from a Managed Device
Starting with Junos Space Network Management Platform Release 15.2R1, you can view information about alarms from a managed device by using the Devices workspace. There are two categories of alarms: acknowledged and outstanding. You must enable the Network Monitoring functionality from the Administration > Applications > Network Management Platform > Manage Services page to view the list of alarms.
You must be assigned appropriate privileges to execute this task.
To view information about the alarms from a managed device:
- On the Junos Space Network Management Platform user interface,
select Devices > Device Management.
The Devices page that appears displays all the devices managed by Junos Space Platform.
- Right-click a device whose alarm information you need
to view and select Device Monitoring > View Alarms.
The View Alarms page that appears displays the list of outstanding alarms for that device, in a table.
The Alarms(s) outstanding search constraint is applied by default and cannot be removed. You can toggle between the Alarm(s) outstanding constraint and the Alarm(s) acknowledged constraint, which displays the list of acknowledged alarms for the selected device, by clicking the minus (–) icon.
To know more about the fields displayed in the table, see the Viewing Details of an Alarm and Acting on an Alarm section of the Viewing and Managing Alarms topic.
- (Optional) To view alarms from all Junos Space fabric
nodes and managed devices, click the (–) icon corresponding
to the filter in the Search Constraints field.
The View Alarms page displays the list of outstanding or acknowledged alarms for all Junos Space fabric nodes and managed devices.
- (Optional) To
view a specified number of alarms per page, select the required number
from the list next to the Results field.
By default, the number of alarms listed on the View Alarms page is 20. You can select the number of alarms you want to view per page from the Show list. You can choose to view 10, 20, 50, 100, 250, 500, or 1000 alarms.
The number of alarms selected is set as user preference and the selected number of alarms are listed beginning from the next login.
You can perform the following tasks on the View Alarms page:
- Acknowledge, unacknowledge, clear, or escalate one or more alarms, or acknowledge the entire list of outstanding alarms for the selected device. For more information, see the Viewing Details of an Alarm and Acting on an Alarm section of the Viewing and Managing Alarms topic.
- Toggle between the summary and detailed views of alarms
for the selected device.
- Click the Long Listing link at the top of the page for a detailed view.
- Click the Short Listing link at the top of the page for a summary view.
- View the severity levels of the alarms.
- Click the Severity Legend link at the top of the page.
- Click Back (at the top-left corner) to return to the Device Management page.