Configuring Access to Juniper Networks DMI Schema Repository by Using the Configure Juniper Repository Action
Starting from Junos Space Network Management Platform release 17.1R1, you can configure the Juniper Networks DMI schema repository (https://xml.juniper.net/dmi/repository/trunk/) by using the Configure Juniper Repository action. The Auto Install Schema check box on the Juniper Access Configuration dialog box, which when selected, allows Junos Space Platform to automatically download and install or update DMI schemas from the configured DMI Schema repository.
To configure access to the Juniper Networks DMI schema repository by using the Configure Juniper Repository action:
- On the Junos Space Platform user interface, select Administration > DMI Schemas.
The DMI Schemas page appears.
- From the Actions or the shortcut menu, select Configure Juniper Repository.
The Juniper Access Configuration dialog box is displayed.
- In the URL field, (https://xml.juniper.net/dmi/repository/trunk/) appears by default.
- In the User Name field, enter the user name to access the Juniper Networks DMI schema repository.
- In the Password field, enter the password to access the Juniper Networks DMI schema repository.
- In the Confirm field, reenter the password to access the Juniper Networks DMI schema repository.
- (Optional) The Proxy Server field displays whether a proxy server is configured or not. If your organization requires that you use a proxy server to connect to the Internet, you must configure and enable the proxy server (under Administration > Proxy Server) before connecting to the Juniper Networks DMI schema repository. For more information, see Configuring Proxy Server Settings.
- (Optional) Select the Auto Install Schema check
box to automatically install any missing device schema or get the
latest version of schema available in the Juniper Networks DMI schema
repository during device synchronization.
When the Auto Install Schema text box is selected, Junos Space Platform identifies the DMI schemas that are missing or that need update during device synchronization. The missing schemas are installed and outdated schemas in Junos Space Platform are updated when the job, scheduled to run every one hour, fetches the schemas from the DMI repository.
If a schema is missing and auto-installation of the schema fails, no attempt to install the schema is made when the job runs the next time.
- (Optional) Click Test Connection.
A message dialog box appears (after a few seconds or a few minutes depending on the connection) to indicate whether the connection is established successfully or not. Click OK to close the dialog box and return to the Juniper Access Configuration dialog box.
- Click Save to save the settings that you configured.