Creating a Device Template
Device templates enable operators to update the Junos OS configuration running on multiple Juniper Networks devices at once. The operators can create and deploy device templates based on template definitions created by designers from the Device Templates workspace.
To create a device template:
- On the Junos Space Network Management Platform user interface,
select Device Templates > Templates.
The Templates page is displayed.
- Click the Create Template icon on the Actions bar.
The Create Template page is displayed. This page lists all the template definitions. The operators can only see published template definitions. If you do not see a template definition that you expect to see, the designer might have unpublished it.
- Select a template definition and click Next.
- In the Template Name field, enter a user-define
name for the device template.
The template name is required. The template name must be unique and limited to 63 characters.
- (Optional) In the Description field, enter
a user-defined template description.
The template description is optional and limited to 255 characters.
- Select a configuration page.
The breadcrumb of that page is displayed on the right side of the page. The configuration options are displayed in the pane below the breadcrumbs.
To navigate through the configuration options on any page, click the breadcrumbs.
As you drill down, successive breadcrumbs appear, with the names of the options you clicked to configure. You can navigate through multiple configuration option levels.
The layout of the configuration settings on the page varies depending on the data type of the configuration option selected.
- (Optional) For information on the individual parameters, click the little blue information icons to the right of the configuration settings to display the explanations the designer wrote.
- (Optional) To add comments for individual parameters, click the little yellow comment icons next to the configuration settings and enter your comments.
- (Optional) To activate or deactivate a configuration option,
click the Activate or Deactivate link respectively.
You can activate or deactivate a configuration option only if the configuration node exists.
- (Optional) Add any required configuration specifics.
You can change only configuration options that the definition designer made editable.
You must click through all the settings to ensure that all necessary values are populated.
- (Optional) To add a row to a table, click the plus sign
To remove a row from a table, select the row and click the minus sign (-). To edit a table row, select the row and click the pencil icon (looks like a diagonal line).
- Enter the data, as appropriate.
If you enter an invalid value, a red exclamation mark icon appears. Click the icon to find out what the value should be.
- Click Finish.