Scheduling the Discovery of Devices
The Discovery Profiles page displays the discovery jobs that you have previously created. After you specify a discovery profile that contains the list of devices or SDG hosts that need to be retrieved and added to the Edge Services Director database to facilitate easier administration, you must configure the discovery operation. You can choose to discover the devices immediately or to plan for the discovery to happen at a specified future time.
To specify the scheduling details for discovering devices:
- From the View selector, select Gateway View. The workspaces that are applicable to this view are displayed.
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Build icon on the Edge Services Director banner.
The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the View pane, select the All Network item in Gateway view.
- From the task pane, select Services Gateways.
The Service Gateways page is displayed.
- Select the Discover Gateway option.
The list of discovery profiles appears.
- Select the check box next to the discovery profile that you want to schedule for discovering devices.
- Click Discover Device(s) Now above the table of displayed profiles if you want to discover the devices immediately. A dialog box confirming that discovery has been initiated is displayed.
- Alternatively, click Discover Device(s) Later if you want to schedule the device discovery for a future time.
If you select schedule at a later time, specify the date and time
to run the device discovery. The calender picker and the drop-down
list for selection of time are displayed beside the Discover
Device(s) Later button.
Select a date from the calendar and the time from the list. The time is shown in increments of 15 minutes from 12:00 AM - 11:45 PM.
The selected time in the scheduler corresponds to Junos Space server time but is mapped to the local time zone of the client computer.
- Click the Schedule button. The discovery process
occurs at the designated time on the specified day.
After you have configured the device discovery options, you can view the device discovery status from the Service Gateways page with the Discover Devices view.