Modifying Packet Filter Policies
On the Packet Filter Policies page, you can view the collection of previously configured packet filters and perform an enhanced edit to select a different SDG group and an SDG host in the group to be associated with the packet filter.
To modify packet filter services and specify the SDG group, SDG host, and service attributes to be associated with the packet filters:
- From the View selector, select Service View. The workspaces that are applicable to this view are displayed.
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Deploy icon on the Edge Services Director banner.
The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the View pane, click the plus sign (+) beside All Services to expand the tree and select the type of service.
- From the task pane, select Deploy Service > Packet
The Packet Filter Policies page is displayed on the right pane, listing all the previously defined packet filters.
- Click the Lock icon above the table of listed packet filters. The Select Reference Config dialog box is displayed.
- From the Service Gateway Name drop-down list, select the SDG group to which the packet filter must be applied.
- From the Host Name drop-down list, select the hostname of the SDG.
- In the Select Common Components section, select the check boxes beside the service modules or components, such as packet filters, that are displayed. The displayed components depend on the attributes that are previously defined for that selected packet filter. Select the check box beside Config Category to select all the service components.
- Click Save to save the modified association.
- Select the check box beside the packet filter you want to modify.
- Open the Modify menu above the list of templates
to modify an existing packet filter.
The Modify Packet Filter window is displayed. Modify the attributes that are needed and save the updated settings.
- Click the down arrow in the Actions menu and
select Send for Deployment to create a deployment plan
for the particular service template and save the plan.
If you create a deployment plan from Gateway view of Deploy mode, the Deployment Plan Summary dialog box appears, with the service name, type, and status listed.
Click Send to create a deployment plan.
If you create a deployment plan from Service view of Deploy mode, the Edit Service Instance page is displayed. You can modify the SDGs associated with the service instance and also modify the service instance attributes as necessary by either clicking the buttons corresponding to the various settings at the top of the wizard page to directly traverse to the page you want to modify or clicking the navigation buttons at the bottom of the wizard page to go to the different pages of the wizard. Click Finish to create a deployment plan.
A deploy plan is created for the service template with the devices that are assigned to it when you view the Deployment Plans page.
From the Deployment plans page, you can select Reject or Approve from the Actions drop-down list to reject or approve the deployment plan and make it available for commissioning to the devices.
- Select Discard changes from the Actions menu to ignore the modifications done to a packet policyfilter.