Viewing Discovery Profiles
The Discovery Profiles page displays the discovery jobs that you have previously created. You can examine the parameters contained in a discovery profile before you modify or want to create a fresh profile. All of the discovery details, such as the device attributes and credentials for connecting to it, are shown.
To view the details of a configured discovery profile:
- From the View selector, select Gateway View. The workspaces that are applicable to this view are displayed.
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Build icon on the Edge Services Director banner.
The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the View pane, select the All Network item in Gateway view. You can also click the plus sign (+) beside the All Network item in the View pane to expand the tree and select the device node you want.
- Select Services Gateways from the task pane. The Service Gateways page is displayed.
- Select the Discover Devices option.
- Select the check box next to the discovery profile that you want to view.
- Click the View Discovery Profile Details icon
above the table of displayed profiles. The View Discovery Profile
Details window is displayed.
The following fields are displayed in this window:
Unique name of the discovery profile
User-defined description of the profile
Indicates whether hostname or IP address of the devices in the profile are configured.
Hostname or IP address of the devices in the profile
Name of the user to connect to the devices in the discovery profile.
Password for authentication to the devices in the profile displayed as a set of asterisks
Version of SNMP, such as SNMPv1, v2C, or v3.
Parameters such as the privacy and authentication details for SNMP.
- After you finish viewing the profile settings, click Close to return to the page that displays all the discovery profiles.