Viewing Discovery Logs
Discovery logs are prepared and stored on each stage of the SDG discovery. All these discovery logs are stored in the discovery audit log database. When you initiate the request to view the system event logging messages, the logs for the selected device are retrieved and displayed with the timestamp of the recording.
To view the details of a discovery log:
- From the View selector, select Gateway View. The workspaces that are applicable to this view are displayed.
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Build icon on the Edge Services Director banner.
The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the View pane, select the All Network item in Gateway view. You can also click the plus sign (+) beside the All Network item in the View pane to expand the tree and select the device node you want.
- Select Services Gateways from the task pane. The Service Gateways page is displayed.
- Select the Unmanaged Devices option. The list of discovered devices are displayed.
- Select the check box next to the discovered device for which you want to view the logs.
- Click the View Discovery Logs icon above the
table of displayed devices. The Discovery Log window is displayed.
The timestamp is the UTC time in database that is mapped to the local time zone of client computer. The description of the log is displayed in color-coded format. Red indicates error severity, orange indicates severity level of warning, and black indicates an informational message.
- In the Service Delivery Host Discovery Log window, you can sort and view the log messages that pertain to a severity level to quickly, effectively identify and separate only the logs that are of relevance to you. To filter the logs based on a severity level, select the check boxes next to the severity levels, such as Error, Warning, or Info and click the search icon to display based on the match criterion. Click the red cross (x) icon to clear the applied filter and display the logs corresponding to all severity levels. If you rediscover a device, the logs display a cumulative, consolidated list of all of the messages generated during all of the discovery attempts.
- Click Refresh if you want updated snapshots of the logs to be displayed. The refresh process causes a request to be sent to the device and retrieval of the latest logs occurs.
- After you finish viewing the profile settings, click Close to return to the page that displays all the discovery profiles.