Creating a Site
A site is the cornerstone of the location-based view of your network. Until you define a site, the default view of your network tree merely shows you a list of your unassigned devices. After you define a location site, you can build a tree structure of buildings, floors, wiring closets, and outdoor areas that can each be assigned devices. You are able to view the devices in the network by expanding and collapsing these location nodes. To setup a location in Edge Services Director, the first step is to create a site.
This topic describes:
How to Add or Edit a Location Site
- Click the Build Mode icon in the Edge Services Director banner.
- Select Location View from the list in the View pane.
- Click Add Site to add a new site or click Edit Site in the Tasks pane.
- Fill in or change the fields on the page that opens.
- Click Done to define the site and to save the configuration.
Creating or Editing a Site
Only a few fields are required to establish a site as shown in Table 1.
Table 1: Site Creation Fields
A descriptive name for the site. This field is mandatory.
The city where the site is located.
The state where the site is located.
The country where the site is located. Select the country from the list.
This field is mandatory because it sets the regulatory country code for wireless devices. Edge Services Director validates the country code against the country codes in the network’s controllers and access points. If the codes do not match, a warning message is sent.