You can import device configurations from MX Series devices running Junos OS into the Edge Services Director database.
When importing from a device, the management system connects to the device and imports Data Model (DM) information that contains details of the device configuration. The connection is secured using Secure Server Protocol (SSP), a proprietary encryption method; an always-on connection exists between the management system and the device.
To import a single device, you must have available the following requirements:
A management interface (fxp0) with the IP address of the device
A user with full administrative privileges for the NSM administrator
Device connection information (IP address, connection method) and the device administrator's name and password
All passwords handled by NSM are case-sensitive.
A physical connection to your network with access to network resources
Connectivity to the NSM Device Server, which can be with a static IP address
A Telnet or an SSHv2, and a NETCONF protocol over SSH connection
After importing a device configuration, log entries from that device begin to appear in the Log Viewer. However, until you update the device from NSM, the following log fields display 0 (or unknown):
After you update the imported device configuration using NSM, the appropriate values are displayed for log entries from the device.
When you import a device configuration, the Log Viewer displays the appropriate values for the device's log entries. This feature eliminates the need to update the device after importing it.
To add devices in a large-scale, bulk manner:
- From the View selector, select Gateway View or Device View. The workspaces that are available in this view are displayed. The Gateway view displays the service delivery gateway (SDG) groups and the SDGs that are part of the high availability pair in an SDG group. The Device view displays the SDGs based on the device type, and within the device type, the devices are organized by the device model. For example, all models of MX960 routers are grouped together under one node in the tree.
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Build icon on the Edge Services Director banner.
The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the View pane, select the All Network item in Gateway view. If you are in Device view, click the plus sign (+) beside the My Network item in the View pane to expand the tree and select the device node you want.
- Perform either of the following:
If you are in Gateway View, select Services Gateways from the task pane.
The Service Gateways page is displayed.
If you are in Device View, select Device Discovery from the task pane.
The Service Gateways page is displayed.
- Under Device Discovery, select the Discover Devices option from the task pane. Alternatively, under Services gateways,
select the Discover Gateway option from the task pane.
The Service Gateways—Discovered Devices view is displayed.
You need not click this button if you are launching the Service Gateways page by navigating from another page or another mode, such as Deploy or Monitor. It is displayed by default. You must click this button only if you are viewing unmanaged or managed SDGs or devices.
- Click the Add icon.
The Discovery Profile window appears.
You can add devices using either the CSV Upload button or the Add icon, or both together. This button is available in the IP Details, User Details, and SNMP Details sections of the Discovery Profile window.
- Click the CSV Upload button to add your own
The format of the CSV file that you are uploading should exactly match the format of the sample CSV file.
A dialog box appears.
- Click Browse.
The CSV File Upload dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the desired CSV file, select it, and then
The CSV File Upload dialog box reappears, this time displaying the name of the selected file.
- Click Upload to upload the selected CSV file.