Reviewing the Configured Settings in the Wizard for Creating a Service Recovery Request
The Review page of the service recovery job creation and modification wizards enable you to view and evaluate the service parameters and components you configured in preceding steps or pages of the wizard. This page provides a comprehensive, single-page view of all the service elements configured in the different pages of the wizard. You can either click the buttons corresponding to the various settings at the top of the wizard page to directly traverse to the page you want to modify or click the navigation buttons at the bottom of the wizard page to go to the different pages of the wizard.
After you click Start on the Review page of the service recovery request creation wizard, the Service Recovery Request job starts. After the job is completed, all the configuration parameters for all the devices are retrieved, but only those configurations that match the filter are processed and are populated in the Service Recovery page. Also, when a service recovery request job starts, the action denotes that only a discovery is initiated of all the possible services that can be recovered from the device. They are not yet stored in the Connectivity Services Director application database. Their status is initially marked as Partial as shown on the Service Recovery page.
To examine the configured service recovery request settings in the service recovery request creation wizard:
- From the View selector, select Service View.
The workspaces that are applicable to routing and tunnel services are displayed.
- Click the Build icon in Service View of the
Connectivity Services Director banner.
The functionalities that you can configure in Build mode are displayed on the Tasks pane.
- In the View pane, select the Network Services > Connectivity node without expanding the tree and selecting a type of service.
The tasks that are applicable for the different connectivity services are displayed on the Tasks pane.
- From the Network Services > Connectivity Tasks pane, select Service Recovery > View Recovered Services.
The Service Recovery page is displayed with a list of recovered services.
- Click the New icon above the table of listed
The Select Service Recovery Options page of the Create Service Recovery Request wizard is displayed.
- Click the Review button at the top of the wizard page to examine the configured settings. Alternatively, click Next after you specify the rule parameters.
- You can examine and modify the created service recovery request parameters. Alternatively, click the corresponding buttons at the top of the wizard page to navigate to the specific pages pertain to the settings you want to modify.
- Click Edit next to the section that contains the parameter you want to modify. You are navigated to the corresponding page of the wizard in which the parameter settings are defined.
- Click Finish to save the service recovery request.
- Click Back to return to the previous page of the wizard; else click Cancel to discard the changes. The Service Recovery page appears.
- When you complete defining the service recovery profile,
click Done To submit the service recovery request.
The Connectivity Services Director application fetches the latest device configuration. It then processes the device configuration to derive the configuration of selected service types. A message is displayed to denote that the service recovery request is being saved in the database.
In case of an IP service with pseudowire attached, you have to first recover the IP service, and then the E-Line service.
When the service recovery operation completes, the Service Recovery Report window appears. The service recovery report for each service is displayed in different tabs.