Publishing a Custom Service Definition
You can use service definition in a service order only when it is in the published state. A customized service definition, by default, is in the unpublished state when created. You must publish the customized service definition before it can be used to create a service request.
By default, predefined service definitions are in the published state.
To publish a service definition:
- In the Connectivity Services Director application, select Service View from the Views selector.
- Click the Build tab on the Task Categories banner.
- From the Service View pane, select Network Services > Connectivity.
- From the Tasks pane, select Service Design > Manage Service Definitions.
- In the Manage Service Definitions page, select the unpublished customized service definition you want to publish.
- Click Publish.
The Information window is dispayed.
- Click Yes in the Information window to publish
the service definition.
The Manage Service Definitions page reappears. The selected customized service definition is now in the published state.