Discovering Device Roles
To discover the roles of devices found during element discovery:
- From the View selector, select Service View. The workspaces that are applicable to routing and tunnel services are displayed.
- Click the Build icon in the Service View of the Connectivity Services Director banner. The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the Network Services > Connectivity task pane, select Prestage Devices > Prestage Devices.
- In the Devices Chart window, select the device on which you want to add an interface to the list of potential UNIs.
- Click Manage Device Roles and from the drop-down list, select Discover Role to retrieve the role capability of a network element. A job is created to obtain the latest role of the network element or device.
Device role discovery is now complete. To assign device and interface roles, follow the steps in the next section, Discovering and Assigning All N-PE Devices.