Junos Space DMI Schema Requirements for Connectivity Services Director
In most installations, Junos Space automatically matches the DMI schemas to device families. But there might be situations where your network uses a device for which Junos Space does not have the latest or supported schema available. In such situations, you must obtain and upload the requisite schema and set it as the default DMI schema for each device family. You can set a default DMI schema for each device family to enable Junos Space to apply an appropriate schema to a device family.
We recommend that you use the JUNOS 20.3R1 schema for Connectivity Services Director Release 5.3R1.
See Setting a Default DMI Schema for detailed steps to set a default schema.
After you obtain the DMI schema, you can update the schema on Junos Space Platform by following the steps given below:
- On the Junos Space Network Management Platform user interface,
select Administration > DMI Schemas.
The DMI Schemas page appears.
- Click the Update Schema icon on the toolbar.
The Update Schema page appears.
On the Update Schema page, Junos Space Platform displays the schemas that you already have installed and, based on the discovered devices, suggests new schemas. However, you can pick other available schemas and download them.
- Select the Archive (tgz) option button to upload
a compressed TAR file.
Alternatively, you can select the SVN Repository option button and provide the SVN URL and device family to obtain the schema directly from the SVN repository.
- Click Browse.
The File Upload dialog box appears.
- Select the compressed TAR file (extension
.tgz) and click Open.
The Update Schema page reappears, displaying the compressed TAR file (extension
.tgz) in the Archived Schemas File field.
- Click Upload.
Do not move away from the Update Schema page while the compressed TAR file (extension
.tgz) is being uploaded to Junos Space Platform. The time taken for the upload process depends on the number of schemas in the file. The progress bar indicates the progress of the upload.
To update the DMI schema directly from the Juniper Networks DMI schema repository:
- Select the SVN Repository option button.
If the access to the Juniper Networks Subversion repository is already configured, the URL of the repository is displayed in the URL field. If the access is not configured, a note indicating that access must be configured is displayed.
To configure access to the Juniper Networks Subversion repository:
- Click Configure.
The SVN Access Configuration dialog box appears.
- In the SVN URL field, enter the URL of the Juniper Networks Subversion repository (https://xml.juniper.net/dmi/repository/trunk/).
- In the User Name field, enter the user name to access the Juniper Networks Subversion repository.
- In the Password field, enter the password to access the Juniper Networks Subversion repository.
- In the Confirm field, reenter the password to access the Juniper Networks Subversion repository.
- (Optional) The Proxy Server field displays whether a proxy server is configured or not. If your organization requires that you use a proxy server to connect to the Internet, you must configure and enable the proxy server (under Administration > Proxy Server) before connecting to the Juniper Networks Subversion repository. For more information, see Configuring Proxy Server Settings.
- (Optional) Click Test Connection.
A message dialog box appears (after a few seconds or a few minutes depending on the connection) to indicate whether the connection is established successfully or not. Click OK to close the dialog box and return to the SVN Access Configuration dialog box.
- Click Save to save the settings that you configured.
You are taken to the Update Schema page and the URL that you configured is displayed in the URL field.
- Click Configure.
- (Optional) From the Device Family drop-down
list, select the device families for which you want to download the
If you do not specify a device family, then available schemas from all families are listed.
- Click Connect.
Junos Space Platform displays a message prompting you to wait while the list of schemas is retrieved. (This process might take a few seconds to a few minutes depending on the connection.)
For detailed steps to acquire and upload the schema files, see Managing DMI Schemas Overview.