Viewing Alarms for a Service
Activity on a network device consists of a series of events. A software component on the network device, called an entity, is responsible for running the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to log and monitor these events. You can view the details of alarms and events generated for a particular service order to examine and diagnose the problems that are generating the alarms. These alarms provide essential and cohesive information about system conditions, any discrepancies and malfunctioning, and protocols or components that need to be examined and debugged for better efficiency and working capacity
To view alarm and event details for a service:
- Select Service View from the View Selector. The workspaces that are applicable to routing and tunnel services are displayed.
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Build icon in the Connectivity Services Director banner. The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- Click the plus sign (+) beside Connectivity to view services
based on protocols.
Expand the IP Services tree to select an IP service.
Expand the E-Line Services tree to select an E-Line service.
Expand the E-LAN Services tree to select an E-LAN service.
- From the task pane, select Service Provisioning > Deploy Services. The top part of the right pane displays the Manage Network Services page, with the table of services, and the bottom part of the right pane displays the Manage Service Deployment page, with the table of service orders.
- From the task pane, select Service Provisioning > Deploy Services. The table of services is displayed.
- Select the check box next to the service for which you want to view alarm details.
- Click the View Alarms button, above the table
of listed services.
The Alarm Detail dialog box is displayed.
- Click Close after you finish evaluating the information to return to the Manage Network Services page.