Viewing the Optical Link Details for Examining the Performance of Optical Links
In the Topology View of Build mode, in addition to the Layer 3 links configured for services (such as Layer 3 VPNs), you can view the optical links or connections that are configured on optical interfaces of devices such as PTX Series Packet Transport Routers. You can sort and filter the optical links for viewing only the links of interest for your network. You can easily identify the type of links—Layer 3 or optical—by using the Type field on the Links tab displayed on the lower portion of the View Topology page.
Selecting a particular optical link on the Links tab highlights the link with a color-coded connector line in the Topology View. Also, the optical inline amplifiers (optical ILAs) that are installed on the PTX3000 routers are displayed on the topology map when you select an optical link that connects two optical ILAs. The optical ILAs are not plotted on the topology map unless you select an optical link on the Links tab.
To view optical links on a topology map:
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Build icon on the Connectivity Services Director banner.
The workspaces that are applicable to Build mode are displayed on the Tasks pane.
- From the View selector, select Topology View.
The topology map of the sites or zones and the devices configured in each zone using the CSD-Topology is displayed on the upper portion of the page. A table with details of devices, services, links, and LSPs is displayed on the lower portion of the page.
- Select the Links tab on the lower portion of
The link details are displayed in a table.
- Select the check box next to the link for which the value
in the Type column is displayed as Optical.
The selected optical link is displayed as a color-coded line on the topology map. Also, the optical ILAs on PTX3000 routers that are present on either sides of the selected optical links are displayed on the topology map.
- (Optional) Mouse over an optical ILA and click View Details from the pop-up menu to open a pop-up dialog box that displays detailed information about the optical ILA.
- (Optional) Mouse over an optical link and click View Details from the pop-up menu to open a pop-up dialog box that displays detailed information about the optical link.
- (Optional) Click the Filter icon at the top
right of the topology map, and select the Show Optical Links check box from the Links drop-down menu.
Only the optical connections, and any optical ILAs between which the links exist, on the topology map are filtered and displayed in the topology window.