Validating the Pending Configuration of an LSP Service Order
This procedure validates a service order but does not push the configuration to the device. Use this procedure to perform the following tasks:
Validate a service request in the REQUESTED state.
Validate a service request in the INVALID state after making necessary configuration changes on one or more PE devices associated with the service order.
When you create a service order, it is automatically validated in Connectivity Services Director. However, if subsequent changes to service configuration attributes and settings have occurred for the devices or endpoints to which they are associated, you can use the functionality to validate pending service order configuration. You can validate the configuration of a service order that is in the requested state, the scheduled state, the invalid state, or the failed deployment state
To schedule a service order for validation, follow these steps:
- From the View selector, select Service View. The workspaces that are applicable to routing and tunnel services are displayed.
- Click the Deploy icon in the Service View of the Connectivity Services Director banner. The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the Service View pane, which is the left pane in the window, click the plus sign (+) next to Network Services to expand the tree and display the different service types that you can configure.
- Click the plus sign (+) beside Tunnel to expand the tree in the View pane and view the list of service types.
- Expand the LSPs tree to view the list of LSP services.
- From the task pane, select Service Provisioning > Manage LSP. The top part of the right pane displays the Manage Network Services page, with the table of services, and the bottom part of the right pane displays the Manage Service Deployment page, with the table of service orders.
- From the Manage Service Deployment page, select the service order you want to validate and save.
- Open the Actions menu and click Validate
The Schedule Service Request Validation window appears.
- You can validate a service now or at some future time:
To validate the service immediately, select Validate now, and click OK.
To validate the service at a later time, select Validate later, select a date and time for deployment, and then click OK.
When specifying a time to validate the service, the time field specifies the time kept by the server, but in the time zone of the client.
After scheduling the service order for validation, the provisioning software begins validating the service order.
- You can use the Job Management window to view details about the service validation.