Unassigning Device Roles
If you need to exclude devices from role assignment, or you need to exclude interfaces from the list of interfaces that can be used as UNIs, use the procedures documented in Discovering and Assigning N-PE Devices with Exceptions.
To unassign all discovered roles and interfaces:
- From the View selector, select Service View. The workspaces that are applicable to routing and tunnel services are displayed.
- Click the Build icon in the Service View of the Connectivity Services Director banner. The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the Network Services > Connectivity task pane, select Prestage Devices > Prestage Devices.
- In the Devices Chart window, select the device on which you want to add an interface to the list of potential UNIs.
- Click Manage Device Roles and from the drop-down
list, select Unassign Role to remove the role capability
of a network element. You are prompted to confirm the operation. If
you click OK, a request is submitted to remove the latest
role of the network element or device.
The device is removed from the list of network elements displayed on the Devices Chart page.
- To view the assignment status, in the Job Management window from the Junos Space Platform UI, click the job ID of the
Alternatively, to display the Job Management page, click the System icon on the Connectivity Services Director banner, and select Manage Jobs from the Tasks pane. You can also view the CSD Deployment Jobs page in Deploy mode of Service View by selecting the View Deployment Jobs option in the task pane.