Viewing Threshold Alarm Profile Performance Status
When you successfully attach a Threshold Alarm Profile to a service definition and create an associated and functioning service order, you can check the performance status of the service.To run performance management for a service:
You can perform this procedure from the Connectivity Services Director GUI.
- Select Service View from the View Selector. The workspaces that are applicable to routing and tunnel services are displayed.
- From the Connectivity Services Director user interface, click the Deploy icon on the Connectivity Services Director banner. The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the Service View pane, which is the left pane in the window, click the plus sign (+) next to Network Services to expand the tree and display the different service types that you can configure.
- Click the plus sign (+) beside E-Line Services to view
the E-Line service orders. Select the E-Line service order for which
you want to monitor performance statistics.
Alternatively, click the plus sign (+) beside E-LAN Services to view the E-LAN service orders. Select the E-LAN service order for which you want to monitor performance statistics.
- From the Network Services > Connectivity task pane, select Service Provisioning > Manage Services.
- Select the service you want to check and select Audit > Run Functional Audit at the top of the table.
- When the functional audit is running, to run performance
management in Monitor mode of Service View, from the tasks pane, select OAM > Y1731 > Start. The Monitor Performance Statistics window
The system begins to collect performance data pertaining to the parameters you specified in the Threshold Alarm profile: for example, Average-Two-Way-Delay, Best-Two-Way-Delay, or Average-One-Way-Delay.
If data exceeds the threshold value specified in the Threshold Alarm Profile, the system generates a threshold alarm. The value in the SLA Status column in the Manage Services window changes to SLA Violated. If the data does not cross the threshold value specified in the Threshold Alarm Profile, the value in the SLA Status column changes to SLA Violation Cleared.
To view Y1731 PM statistics, the functional audit status (FA Status) must be Up.