Entering IP Service Order Information
You, the Service Activator must set settings for an IP service order, including general settings, VPN settings that are applied to all end points, and routing protocol settings for the PE and CE devices.
Setting General Settings
Before You Begin
You must add the customer to the database that requested the service order before proceeding. See Adding a New Customer.
You must specify the following general information about the service order in the General Settings section of the Service Parameters page:
- In the Name field, enter a unique name for
the IP service.
The service order name can consist of only letters, numbers, and underscores. It must be no longer than 50 characters.
The name you specify for an IP service order becomes the routing-instance name in the device configuration when you deploy the service. Consequently, you cannot use any Juniper Networks keywords, for example, “bgp” or “ospf”, as the name of a service order.
- In the Customer drop-down , select the customer
who requested the service.
If the customer is not in the list, you must add the customer to the database before proceeding. See Adding a New Customer.
- In the Comments field, enter a description
of the service no longer than 200 characters. This description appears
in information screens about the request or service instance created
from the request.
You cannot change the Route Target field. Route targets are always selected automatically.
Entering VPN and Connectivity Settings Information
You must set VPN attributes that are usually common for all the endpoints in the service. The values that you enter vary, depending on the service definition on which the service order is based.
If these attributes will not be the same on all endpoints, you can set them to be the same for now and then make changes later, or you can choose to skip this step and apply the attribute values one at a time later.
To set attributes common to most endpoints on a service:
- The Autopick VLAN ID option is automatically selected for Network
Activate to automatically chose the VLAN ID. Deselect the check box
if you want to manually assigned the VLAN ID.
The VLAN ID text box appears.
- If you deselected the Autopick VLAN ID option, enter a value in the VLAN ID field.
- The Autopick Route Target option is selected, and you cannot deselect it. Network Activate automatically selects the route target.
- The Autopick Route Distinguisher option is selected, and you cannot deselect it.
- The Autopick Interface IP Address option is selected, and you cannot deselect it. Network Activate automatically selects the interface IP address.
- The VRF Table label option is selected, and you cannot deselect it. Network Activate automatically selects the interface IP address.
Entering PE-CE Settings
In the PE-CE Settings section of the Service Parameters page, depending on the PE-CE routing protocol—OSPF/Static Route or BGP/Static Route—do one of the following:
If BGP/Static Route routing protocol is specified in the service definition:
- The AS override option is selected to allow a service provisioner to override the AS number. Clear the AS override check box to prevent a service provisioner from overriding the AS number.
- Enter a value for the maximum number of prefixes accepted by a PE router from a CE router.
If OSPF/Static Route routing protocol is specified in the service definition, in the OSPF domain ID field, enter a IP address.
You can enter from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52. excluding 127.x.x.x.
- Click Next.
The Node Settings page appears.