Configuring the IPLC to Add or Drop Wavelengths to an Optical Interface on a Remote Chassis
The IPLC is designed to connect the
DROP ports on the front panel to compatible
optical PICs or MICs on the local or remote chassis. Wavelengths configured
on the local IPLC
ADD ports are muliplexed and
sent over the
Line OUT port of the IPLC base
module. The remote IPLC base module receives the signal on the
Line IN port and demultiplexes the wavelengths to the
DROP ports on the front panel of the IPLC according to
the configuration of the remote IPLC. After you have made the physical
connections between the IPLC ports and the local and remote optical
interfaces, you need to configure the IPLC to switch the wavelengths
to the optical interfaces. This topic describes how to configure the
IPLC to switch the wavelengths on the
DROP ports to compatible optical interfaces on the local
chassis or a remote chassis.
You can configure the IPLC to switch a particular wavelength to an optical interface on a remote chassis.
Before you begin, complete the following tasks:
Install the optical interfaces and configure the wavelength on the local optical interface so that it is compatible with the wavelength on the IPLC. See, Configuring the 10-Gigabit or 100-Gigabit Ethernet DWDM Interface Wavelength
Install the IPLC module at the remote location and connect the
DROPports to the respective local optical interfaces.
To configure the IPLC base module to switch a wavelength to an optical interface on a remote chassis:
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Build icon on the Connectivity Services Director banner.
The workspaces that are applicable to Build mode are displayed on the Tasks pane.
- From the View selector, select Device View.
The functionalities that you can configure in this view are displayed.
- From the Device View pane, click the plus sign (+) next
to the My Network tree to expand the tree and select the PTX300 router
for which you want to define the optical IPLC settings.
The network tree is expanded and the selected device is highlighted.
- From the Tasks pane, select Device Management > View
An image of the device is displayed on the right pane.
- In the image of the device, select an optical IPLC—for
example, an optical IPLC installed in a PTX3000 router.
The Component Info dialog box is displayed. At the lower part of the dialog box, the Equipment, Status/Config, Performance, and Line Connectivity tabs are displayed.
- Click the Status/Config tab at the bottom of
the dialog box.
The IPLC Line dialog box is displayed on the right pane with the configuration settings that pertain to the IPLC.
- Specify the FPC or PIC slot in which the IPLC base module
resides by selecting the slot in the Chassis View.
For example, if the IPLC base module resides in slot 1, select the IPLC 1 component in the image of the chassis.
- Specify the wavelength number and that you want to switch it to the remote chassis. For example, if you want to switch wavelength 1550.12 on the IPLC in slot 1 to the remote chassis, in the Wavelength Configuration section, select the Show All Wavelengths check box, and beside the 1550.12 row in the wavelength column, select switch from the drop-down menu in the configuration column of the table for the corresponding wavelength.
- From the end-point column, click in the cell
corresponding to the wavelength of 1550.12, and then click the drop-down
From the drop-down menu, select remote to specify the remote chassis to which you want the wavelength of the IPLC base module to be switched.
- Click Update to save the specified configuration settings.