Excluding Devices from N-PE Role Assignment
The rules-driven process that the Connectivity Services Director application uses to discover device roles recommends the correct roles in most cases. To exclude a device from N-PE role assignment:
- From the View selector, select Service View. The workspaces that are applicable to routing and tunnel services are displayed.
- Click the Build icon in the Service View of the Connectivity Services Director banner. The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the Network Services > Connectivity task pane, select Prestage Devices > Prestage Devices.
- In the Devices Chart window, select the device on which you want to add an interface to the list of potential UNIs.
- Click Manage Device Roles and from the drop-down
list, select Unassign Role to remove the role capability
of a network element. You are prompted to confirm the operation. If
you click OK, a request is submitted to remove the latest
role of the network element or device.
The device is removed from the list of network elements displayed on the Device Statistics page.