Creating an Inverse Multiplexing for ATM Service Order
Before you can create a service order that implements Inverse Multiplexing for ATM (IMA), you must preconfigure a T1 or E1 IMA Group interface (at-fpc/pic/g) on the devices upon which you want to deploy the service, before you prestage the devices in the Junos Space Connectivity Services Director application.
To create an inverse multiplexing for ATM service order:
A wizard is available to create a service order in an intuitive and easily-navigable format. The settings that you can configure in the service order are organized in separate pages of the wizard, which you can launch by clicking the appropriate buttons at the top of the Create a Service Order page. Alternatively, you can proceed to the corresponding setting-related pages by clicking the Back and Next buttons at any point in the wizard during the creation of the service order.
With the Service View selected and in the Deploy mode of Connectivity Services Director, from the Network Services > Connectivity task pane, select Service Provisioning > Deploy Services.
The Manage Network Services page is displayed in the upper part of the right pane.
Click the New icon at the top of the lower half of the page that displays previously created service orders. The Select Service Type dialog box appears. Do one the following
Select E-Line to create an E-Line service order.
Select E-LAN to create an E-LAN service order.
Select IP to create an IP service order.
Select Bulk E-Line to create a bulk E-Line service order.
- Select E-Line to create an E-Line service order. The Create E-Line Service Order window appears.
- Select the service definition upon which you want to create the service order. Click Next to move to the next page of the wizard. The left panel displays a representation of the connection you are configuring. The right panel displays the General/Connectivity Settings.
- Fill in the fields in the General/Connectivity panel.
In the service order creation wizard for E-Line services, the search function has been enhanced to enable you to easily sort and filter the parameters that are of interest and relevance for the services you want to configure. The Choose Customer dialog box that is displayed when you click Select beside the Customer field contains the Search box, which enables you to perform a search on all of the columns. The search utility that is present in the Choose Service Definition dialog box that is displayed when you click Select beside the Service Definition field enables you to search by Name, Created by, and Signaling columns; search utility is not supported for other columns in the dialog box. The search box that is present in the Choose Endpoints dialog box when you click Select beside the PE Device and UNI Interface fields enables search across all the columns displayed in the dialog box. For any string-based search (which shows strings that match any part of the text you enter in the search box), only the Name, Platform, and OS Version columns are supported. For exact string-based search (which shows strings that exactly match the text you enter in the search box), the IPAddress, State, and Manage State columns are supported.
- Click Next. The Endpoint Settings panel for Endpoint A appears.
- Fill in the Endpoint A settings. Ensure that you select a device on which a T1 or E1 IMA Group interface was preconfigured.
- Click Next. The Endpoint Settings panel for Endpoint Z appears.
- Fill in the Endpoint Z settings. Ensure that you select a device on which a T1 or E1 IMA Group interface was preconfigured.
- Click Review to view the defined parameters. You can examine and modify the created service order parameters. Alternatively, click the corresponding buttons at the top of the wizard page to navigate to the specific pages pertain to the settings you want to modify. Click Back to return to the previous page of the wizard; else click Cancel to discard the changes.
- After you complete reviewing the settings, click Finish to complete the service order creation.
- To deploy or deactivate the service order on devices, click the Deploy icon in the Service View of the Connectivity Services Director banner, and from the Network Services > Connectivity task pane, select Service Provisioning > Deploy Services > Manage Service Orders > service order name. Select the service order to view its configuration parameters, decommission the settings applied to devices, or deploy the service order to devices.
- Select the deployment option you want from the top of
the page that lists the created service orders:
Schedule deploy (Specify the date and time.)
The Connectivity Services Director application displays the Job Details window, which includes a Job Details ID number.
- in the Network Services > Connectivity view pane, select Service Provisioning > Deploy Services.
- In the Manage Network Services window, you can view the status of the service.