Exporting a Service Template
Exporting a template enables you to transfer it to another Junos Space fabric.
Before you begin, you must have a template already created.
To export a template:
- In the Network Activate task pane, select Service Design > Manage Service Templates. Select the definition to export.
- Open the Actions menu and select Export or right-click the template and select Export.
The Export Template dialog appears.
- Click Download file for selected templates (tgz format).
The Opening xxx.tgz window appears. (XXX is a placeholder for the name of the template.)
- Select Save File and click OK.
You may have to toggle between the radio buttons to activate the OK button.
The Enter name of file to save to ... dialog appears.
- Rename the file if desired and save it to the appropriate
The Export Template dialog reappears.
- Click Close.
Although the exported template file is an .xml file, it is saved as a .tgz file, which is the format the system uses to import xml files.
You can now import the template into another Junos Space fabric.