Viewing Decommissioned E-Line, E-LAN, and IP Service Orders
In certain situations, you might decommission a service that a customer no longer needs. You cannot decommission a service if a service order requesting action on that service is in the Requested, Scheduled, In Progress, or Invalid state. You can view the decommissioned service orders in a separate page to determine whether you want to delete it completely.
To view and determine the status of decommissioned service orders in a tabular form:
- Select Service View from the View Selector. The workspaces that are applicable to routing and tunnel services are displayed.
- From the Connectivity Services Director user interface, click the Deploy icon in the Connectivity Services Director banner. The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the View pane, click the plus sign (+) to expand the Network Services tree, and select the Connectivity node.
- In the Network Services > Connectivity view pane, select Service Provisioning > Decommissioned Service Orders.
The Decommissioned Service Orders page is displayed on the right pane.
A table of service orders on the system appears in the main display area. The following fields are displayed on this page:
Name—Unique name assigned to the service.
Customer—Name of the customer for which the service is provided.
Completed—Service order has been successfully deployed.
Deploy failed—Device is down or the Connectivity Services Director application was unable to push the service configuration to a device configured for the service.
In-progress—Connectivity Services Director application is in the process of deploying the service.
Invalid—Service order contains invalid data.
Requested—Service provisioner has created the service order, but has not yet attempted to deploy it or schedule it for deployment.
Scheduled—Service provisioner has scheduled the service order for deployment.
E-Line pseudowire (LDP)
E-Line pseudowire (BGP)
IP (Full Mesh)
IP (Hub-Spoke 1 Interface)
Latest Job—Unique identifier assigned by the system for a deployment job. Click the link in the job ID to open the CSD Deployment Jobs. The table on that page lists configuration deployment jobs.
Created By—The screen name of the user who created the service order
Created Date—The date and when you created the service order.
From this page, you can delete a decommissioned service order and view the details of a service order.
- Select the check box beside a decommissioned service order
that you want to delete, and click Delete above the table
of listed service orders.
You are prompted to confirm the deletion. Click OK to confirm the deletion. The deleted service order is removed from the list of decommissioned service orders.
- To view details of a specific service order, double-click the table row that summarizes the service order.