Deleting Devices from Chassis View
You can delete devices that are no longer used from Connectivity Services Director and for which you do not want to view a pictorial representation using the Chassis View functionality. Deleting a device removes all device configuration and device inventory information from the Junos Space database. Once a device is deleted from the database, all the profiles associations, device configurations, and inventory information of the deleted device are also deleted. However, the system maintains the audit logs and monitoring data for the device even after the device is deleted.
Use the Delete Devices page to delete devices from Connectivity Services Director. While in Build mode, click Delete Devices from the Tasks > Device Management menu. The Delete Devices page appears.
The Delete Devices page displays the devices contextually depending on your selection in the View pane. For example, if you select a site in Service View and click Delete Devices, Connectivity Services Director displays all the devices. If you select a particular switch family in Device View and click Delete Devices, only devices that belong to that switch family are displayed.
To delete devices, complete the following tasks:
- From the View selector, select Service View. The functionalities that you can configure in this view are displayed.
- Click the Build mode icon in the Service View of the Connectivity
Services Director banner. The workspaces that are applicable to this
mode are displayed.
Select the My Network scope in the View pane that contains the devices you want to delete.
- Select Delete Devices from the Tasks pane.
- Select the check box adjacent to the device that you want to delete. Click Done.
- Connectivity Services Director prompts you to confirm the deletion. Click Yes to confirm the deletion or No to go back and make changes to the selection.