Interconnecting an E-LAN Service with an IP Service
You can stitch or interconnect an E-LAN service with an IP service. You must enable the stitching functionality to perform this interconnection. If the stitching capability is enabled, when you select the interfaces for the endpoints added to a service, only the integrated routing and bridging (IRB) physical and logical interfaces are available for selection. If you select a physical IRB interface, a new logical interface is created with the logical unit identifier of the interface you specify. If you select a logical IRB interface, the existing logical interface is used to create the service.
You can stitch or interconnect an E-LAN service with an IP service during the creation or modification of an E-LAN service order. Follow the steps outlined in for performing the tasks in the Service Settings and Node Settings pages of the wizard. To enable the stitching of an E-LAN service with an IP service, you can select the Stitch check box for a device associated with the service order on the Site Settings page of the E-LAN service order creation or modification wizard.
Ensure that you have already created an E-LAN service.
Complete the configuration of settings on the Service Settings and Node Settings pages of the service order creation or modification wizard.
To interconnect an E-LAN service with an IP service:
- Select Service View from the View Selector. The workspaces that are applicable to routing and tunnel services are displayed.
- From the Junos Space user interface, click the Deploy icon in the Connectivity Services Director banner. The functionalities that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the task pane.
- From the View pane, click the plus sign (+) to expand the tree and select the type of service.
- Click the plus sign (+) beside Connectivity to view services
based on protocols.
Expand the IP Services tree to select an IP service.
Expand the E-Line Services tree to select an E-Line service.
Expand the E-LAN Services tree to select an E-LAN service.
- From the Tasks pane, select Service Provisioning > Deploy Services.
The Manage Network Services page is displayed in the top half of the right pane, which displays all of the configured services. The Manage Service Orders page is displayed in the bottom half of the right pane, which displays all of the service orders corresponding to a service.
- From the Manage Network Services page, select New > E-LAN Service.
The Create E-LAN Service Order window appears and shows a filtered inventory view of only those published service definitions designed to work with multipoint Ethernet services. You can select the service definition based on the signaling type.
See Creating a Multipoint-to-Multipoint E-LAN Service Order and Creating a Point-to-Multipoint E-LAN Service Order for detailed information about the settings that you can configure on the Service Settings and Node Settings pages of the wizard.
- After you complete the configuration of settings on the
Service Settings and Node Settings pages of the service order creation
or modification wizard, click Site Settings at the top
of the wizard page.
The Site Settings page is displayed.
- Select the check box beside the device for which you want
to enable the stitching of E-LAN and IP services.
The device that you select is available for stitching.
- Select the Stitch check box to enable the interconnection of the E-LAN service with an IP service.
- Click inside the Interface Name field to select an IRB interface. A popup dialog box is displayed with the list of all configured IRB interfaces. If the stitching capability is enabled, when you select the interfaces for the endpoints added to a service, only the IRB physical and logical interfaces are available for selection.
- Select a physical or logical IRB interface that you want
to use to stitch the E-LAN service with an IP service.
The selected interface is used for interconnection of the services.
- (Optional) If you select a physical IRB interface, you
can specify the logical unit of the interface in the UNIT ID field.
The specified logical IRB interface is used for stitching the services.
- For service orders associated with a service definition that contains a service template, click Next to modify the template settings.
- Click Review to examine and modify the settings as necessary.
- Click Finish when you have completed examining the settings to confirm the creation of the service order.
- You can proceed to enable the stitching functionality for the same IRB interface with the IP service. See Interconnecting an IP Service with an E-LAN Service for detailed information about enabling the stitching functionality for the IP service.